2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s been the core issue with our recruitment. Only Richarlison has that will to win, the rest are quite happy to be nice lads finishing mid table and always falling short when put under pressure. Am hoping Ancelotti does bring some lads in he knows have it as we obviously don’t research the characters of who we’ve been buying of late.

That's why I want Silva on a free. You really think after all the success he has had he'll be happy to come here and finish midtable. I doubt it

That's why I want Silva on a free. You really think after all the success he has had he'll be happy to come here and finish midtable. I doubt it
Think at this stage of his career he'd probably not be too bothered if the second half of the season was some run outs and continued paychecks.

I don't know, it is hard to say how it goes on each individual case, but not every player like that carries the attitude through to their last few seasons.

I don't want to judge him until I see him played in his natural position as a 10. I quite like to see DCL and Richarlison play as a partnership but I think it's to the detriment of the rest of the team. I think he did what he was asked to do yesterday which was protect Coleman but it's not a natural position for him. I think if Sidibe had been fit Iwobi would have played on the left instead of Gordon.

I don't want to judge him until I see him played in his natural position as a 10. I quite like to see DCL and Richarlison play as a partnership but I think it's to the detriment of the rest of the team. I think he did what he was asked to do yesterday which was protect Coleman but it's not a natural position for him. I think if Sidibe had been fit Iwobi would have played on the left instead of Gordon.
I don't know that we have ever properly played 4-3-3, but if we did at some point I actually think he could be somewhat decent playing a role a bit deeper. He can pass when there are options and that wasn't the case today or in most of the games he has played. The issue would be without the ball but he basically played as a defender today and was fine.

....he put in a shift and did his bit for the cause but offered very little from an attacking perspective. I think he’s probably most effective in a no10 or central midfield position and could be a decent addition to the squad.

I don't know that we have ever properly played 4-3-3, but if we did at some point I actually think he could be somewhat decent playing a role a bit deeper. He can pass when there are options and that wasn't the case today or in most of the games he has played. The issue would be without the ball but he basically played as a defender today and was fine.

If he was played in a midfield 3 he would have to be the most forward thinking kind of similar to the role Lampard played in Mourinho first spell. We would need a very disciplined defensive type to off set.

I think you've got a valid point mate regarding the two up top. I like the idea of two up top but we don't seem to have any width to really utilise the 2 striker's plus we look awfully light in the middle of the park.

I'd be honestly tempted to put Richarlison out wide right if we are gonna stick to the same formation and put Kean up top with DCL or give Iwobi a run of games as a 10 behind DCL.

Iwobi stuck out wide just ain't gonna work imo and then that leaves us with another player who we've spent a lot of money on but with no position to call his own.

But we dont play with a no10 mate...

But we dont play with a no10 mate...

Yeah I know we play 4-4-2 at the moment but I'm not sure it suits our players apart from DCL and Richarlison. I would prefer us to play 4-3-3 with one of the 3 midfielders being a bit further advanced which Iwobi could potentially play. However to play that formation we need a left footed forward to play wide right a proper number 6 and ideally a left footed CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.