2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really positive debut I thought, with the goal being the proverbial icing on the Carabao Cup shaped cake. Well done Alex lad, hopefully you've earned a start against the Wanderers a la weekend.

Better than Zaha.

Could be in 3.5 years when hes the same age as Zaha is now.

Seems better to me to land Iwobi who can adapt to our style of play and has more time on his side.

Interestingly Iwobi has a career best of 6 goals in a season to Zaha's 10 (when playing most of the season up front last year).

Interesting to see how Iwobi does on goals now hes off the mark.

I thought he looked very good yesterday, I know some will say “he’s entitled to against league 1 opposition” but they played better than a lot of prem sides last night and gave us a bloody tough battle. I genuinely expected his to fade a little (pre-programmed prejudice against Arsenal players strength of character) but he proved he is up for a scrap if needed! I loved how much it seemed to mean to him too. Good lad, keep it up!

I said it when we signed him that he'll be good for us and in one sub appearance and one start you can already see hes going to be a very important and exciting player for us, defo going to be a fan favourite

He always looks to find space in the Arsenal way. Unfortunately so did Walcott when he first joined.
Said this to my mate last night.

Everton forwards don't tend to move a lot, I'm sure they'll teach it out of Iwobi in time lol.

In seriousness though he looks very good

Early days but I like Iwobi. Wasn't much to smile about last night but I was glad he got the goal and for the fans to sing his name. Can only be good for his confidence at a new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.