2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came from North London
He cost a f**king ton
Iwobi

In all seriousness he has looked very good at both the end of the Villa match and last night, looking like a good signing

He reminds me of what I thought we were getting with Siggy.

Positive forward passing, putting people through on goal, keen to take a shot on. The difference is, he seems more comfortable running the ball and doing it all at a faster pace. His shooting also seems to be more accurate than siggy.

He reminds me of what I thought we were getting with Siggy.

Positive forward passing, putting people through on goal, keen to take a shot on. The difference is, he seems more comfortable running the ball and doing it all at a faster pace. His shooting also seems to be more accurate than siggy.

Strange comment as there is absolutely nothing that will back this up.

Crowd will need to go easy on him. He looks like someone who is always trying to get past and beat the man, that won’t always come off and he’ll lose the ball several times a game - happened yesterday a couple of times where he got tackled and dispossessed, when we were in a good position.

Crowd need to stay onside when this happens, and not discourage him from trying again.

Pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen so far.

Strange comment as there is absolutely nothing that will back this up.

I dont know really, just the impression I get. Siggy takes a lot of shots from all over the place and due tot hat, scores several worldies (a bit like coutinho used to do at liverpool). I remember iwobi having 3 shots last night, and all 3 made me sit up as they tested the keeper/was close.

And just looking at their shot stats for last 3 seasons. Their shooting accuracy %:
Iwobi to siggy
18/19: 58.33 to 62.96
17/18: 67.65 to 48.00
16/17: 50.00 to 58.14

So there isnt all that much in it.

Crowd will need to go easy on him. He looks like someone who is always trying to get past and beat the man, that won’t always come off and he’ll lose the ball several times a game - happened yesterday a couple of times where he got tackled and dispossessed, when we were in a good position.

Crowd need to stay onside when this happens, and not discourage him from trying again.

Pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen so far.

I would rather him and kean try and dribble pass and they will not be successful most of the time but better then pointless sideways passing

Think he showed good signs of understanding with Digne, with some decent weight passes down the side channels to get him around. If he plays on that side think will work well with Digne, also if he plays central should make a fantastic triangle with Bernard and Digne.

I like him, always looking to be positive and create. I think it’s noticeable with him and Delph that they have played in attacking teams. Always on the front foot.

I dont know really, just the impression I get. Siggy takes a lot of shots from all over the place and due tot hat, scores several worldies (a bit like coutinho used to do at liverpool). I remember iwobi having 3 shots last night, and all 3 made me sit up as they tested the keeper/was close.

And just looking at their shot stats for last 3 seasons. Their shooting accuracy %:
Iwobi to siggy
18/19: 58.33 to 62.96
17/18: 67.65 to 48.00
16/17: 50.00 to 58.14

So there isnt all that much in it.

Apart from goals?

I would rather him and kean try and dribble pass and they will not be successful most of the time but better then pointless sideways passing

Absolutely. Players like that get the crowd on their feet, but we have to accept it doesn’t always come off, sometimes a defender has a good read on them or whatever.

Hopefully the crowd, as one, gets this and keeps behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.