2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read some sloppy reporting when we first signed Iwobi that quoted Arsenals fans saying they were sad to see him leave the club. Now after his full debut there are more sloppy reports quoting Arsenal fans saying they're glad to see the back of him, he's rubbish and lazy.

Personally I'm happy to give him at least half a season before judging him. If he can do well he'll be a regular starter or at the very least, a frequently used sub. He may not rack up many goals but hopefully he'll boost our attacking threat and get some assists.

I read some sloppy reporting when we first signed Iwobi that quoted Arsenals fans saying they were sad to see him leave the club. Now after his full debut there are more sloppy reports quoting Arsenal fans saying they're glad to see the back of him, he's rubbish and lazy.

Personally I'm happy to give him at least half a season before judging him. If he can do well he'll be a regular starter or at the very least, a frequently used sub. He may not rack up many goals but hopefully he'll boost our attacking threat and get some assists.
Strange that isn't it. I will go with the former. He has caused a spark in the past couple of games.

doing the 17 proud our next..

It’s always a stark reminder how far behind we are when we pick up a player who can’t hold down a spot in a top 6 team like Iwobi or Delph and they instantly look better than most of our other players. Watch them both go full Walcott after a few months of Everton training.
That’s kind of the point though. They all succumb to the Everton mentality. At some point you have to say something is wrong with the club. Digne is the only player that has seen significant time and doesn’t seem to be infected with the curse yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.