2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet you're absolutely praying for that as well aren't you mate, so Big Tony down the pub doesn't laugh and take the piss out of you and call you clueless.
“Here he is lads, here’s the one who got it wrong about Iwobi hahahahaha !!!”

*place erupts, pint glasses everywhere, scampi fries raining down, everyone doubled over in bulk pissing themselves

For god sake are people still trying to say Sigurdsson is a bad signing and disappointing? Football isn't the game for you if you think a player who scored 13 and assisted 6 from Attacking midfield is a disappointment. Absolute whoppers of the highest order

Anyway, Iwobi, reckon he will be good for us but I can't wait until his first miskick and everyone to call him a disgrace and utter pony.

For god sake are people still trying to say Sigurdsson is a bad signing and disappointing? Football isn't the game for you if you think a player who scored 13 and assisted 6 from Attacking midfield is a disappointment. Absolute whoppers of the highest order

Anyway, Iwobi, reckon he will be good for us but I can't wait until his first miskick and everyone to call him a disgrace and utter pony.

Football is not a game for anyone who thinks that assists matter in judging a good player.

I think Sigurdsson has been fine, not great, not bad, just fine.

Football is not a game for anyone who thinks that assists matter in judging a good player.

I think Sigurdsson has been fine, not great, not bad, just fine.
Right lets take assists out of the equation. He scored 13 goals from Attacking mid, top goalscorer at the club, put the ball on a plate for many players to squander, scored absolute worldies no one else in the team could, but somehow is still seen as meh/crap by loads. The lad is our most effective attacking player closely followed by Richarlison.

If you actually listened to people’s reasons rather than let numbers and bar charts form your opinions for you then you might understand where people are coming from.

If you actually listened to people’s reasons rather than let numbers and bar charts form your opinions for you then you might understand where people are coming from.
All I ever read is people say he doesn't get involved enough, how can someone who scored 13 goals and put the ball on a plate for others constantly not be considered involved enough? He's our best attacking player but because he cost £45m everyone wants him to be absolute world class. Guess what £45m players aren't world class level anymore.

Right lets take assists out of the equation. He scored 13 goals from Attacking mid, top goalscorer at the club, put the ball on a plate for many players to squander, scored absolute worldies no one else in the team could, but somehow is still seen as meh/crap by loads. The lad is our most effective attacking player closely followed by Richarlison.

I didn't say he wasn't...

Judging players purely on stats is a dangerous game though.

If he is ready, and for the life of me I cant understand why he wouldnt be, surely starting and getting subbed after 70 minutes (hopefully when his 3rd hits the net), is a better feeling for the lad than sitting on the bench and then gets 20 mins.

edit. Sake, this is this the Iwobi thread. Thought it was Keans.
Warning for being off topic lol

I didn't say he wasn't...

Judging players purely on stats is a dangerous game though.
I completely agree it is but when people say he's been underwhelming after having a season like he just has it baffles the brain. Yes he has the odd off game like every other player and that's why Iwobi has been brought in, he can hopefully challenge and push Gylfi and when he does have an off game can come in and hopefully provide something different.

I completely agree it is but when people say he's been underwhelming after having a season like he just has it baffles the brain. Yes he has the odd off game like every other player and that's why Iwobi has been brought in, he can hopefully challenge and push Gylfi and when he does have an off game can come in and hopefully provide something different.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle personally. He has not been as bad as some would have you believe, conversely he has not been great as his defenders will claim.

As I said, he has generally been fine. Scored some great goals, gone missing in some games too. He's alright.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle personally. He has not been as bad as some would have you believe, conversely he has not been great as his defenders will claim.

As I said, he has generally been fine. Scored some great goals, gone missing in some games too. He's alright.

I think Gylfi has been fine as well...13 + 6 = 19 Combined is very good. To progress to top 6 I think we need:

Combined 25 from him and our centre forward (Moise Kean or DCL)
Combined 20 from our other two attackers Richarlison and Iwobi.

That means everyone improves their stats this season, which will mean we will definitely be scoring more goals.
From Iwobi, considering he's signed as a starter I hope, I would expect 10 goals and 10 assists and call that an excellent season, and its a big improvement on both Bernard and Walcott.

I think Gylfi has been fine as well...13 + 6 = 19 Combined is very good. To progress to top 6 I think we need:

Combined 25 from him and our centre forward (Moise Kean or DCL)
Combined 20 from our other two attackers Richarlison and Iwobi.

That means everyone improves their stats this season, which will mean we will definitely be scoring more goals.
From Iwobi, considering he's signed as a starter I hope, I would expect 10 goals and 10 assists and call that an excellent season, and its a big improvement on both Bernard and Walcott.
10 goals and 10 assists would be amazing from Iwobi but based on his career so far there's no indication that he's capable of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.