2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

He scored 13 from centre forward not attacking midfield.

I think Gylfi’s great and could keep posting similar numbers from an attacking midfield position if we were brave enough to throw him in the middle.

If we added a proper striker or another minded attacking player to our front 4, in the role Gylfi plays now I’d think we’d enhance our chances of scoring goals and would get away with it on 75% of our league games were we will find the onus will be on us to break teams down, like last week when we were too negative during the middle 3rd (time wise) of the game imo.

That was 2 points dropped and we should have been looking to win there if we want the top 5. It was a settled and strong 11 we had out.

Let’s no pretend Gylfi’s an attacking midfielder though. It his is best position but he’s basically used as a striker in our current set up.

Siggy was not playing CF. CF don’t end up on the edge of their own area while defending and don’t cover more ground than everyone in the team bar Gana.

Nothing wrong with being ambitious but, as posted, the only player to do that in the prem last season got sold to Real Madrid for £100m.
In the interest of accuracy there were three players to get double digit goals and assists last season. Hazard as mentioned had 16 and 15, Sterling had 17 and 10 and Sane had 10 and 10. It doesn't change the overall point but as I said accuracy.

In the interest of accuracy there were three players to get double digit goals and assists last season. Hazard as mentioned had 16 and 15, Sterling had 17 and 10 and Sane had 10 and 10. It doesn't change the overall point but as I said accuracy.

You are right about Sane.

Sterling "only" got 9 assists.

Accuracy.

He scored 13 from centre forward not attacking midfield.

I think Gylfi’s great and could keep posting similar numbers from an attacking midfield position if we were brave enough to throw him in the middle.

If we added a proper striker or another minded attacking player to our front 4, in the role Gylfi plays now I’d think we’d enhance our chances of scoring goals and would get away with it on 75% of our league games were we will find the onus will be on us to break teams down, like last week when we were too negative during the middle 3rd (time wise) of the game imo.

That was 2 points dropped and we should have been looking to win there if we want the top 5. It was a settled and strong 11 we had out.

Let’s no pretend Gylfi’s an attacking midfielder though. It his is best position but he’s basically used as a striker in our current set up.
You didn't by any chance see the post with videos someone made in the siggy thread where he set Walcott up for God knows how many goals last season and he fluffed them all. Siggy creates we did not have players who could finish.

Well we would've signed someone else instead of him wouldn't we. How do you know we wouldn't have played a completely different formation that suited our players better and our wingers wouldn't have got 20 each?

I like Gylfi but why do people never consider the fact that if he wasn't here someone else would be and potentially could do better, it's not a case of if Gylfi goes we are knackered, it doesn't work like that.

he could be absolutely dynamite and double his price tag come end of season. sometimes it can click for you at a certain club. Look at Pienaar.

He looks exciting and no doubt he will want to shut the doubters up in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.