2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet you're absolutely praying for that as well aren't you mate, so Big Tony down the pub doesn't laugh and take the piss out of you and call you clueless.
Would you class Siggurdsson as a disappointment mate? Cos I bet he contributes less than Siggurdsson who you've followed around giving stick about for the last 2 years at any opportunity. If the lads any good I'll be happy.

Would you class Siggurdsson as a disappointment mate? Cos I bet he contributes less than Siggurdsson who you've followed around giving stick about for the last 2 years at any opportunity. If the lads any good I'll be happy.

I never said Sigurdsson was going to be crap before he'd even kicked a ball for us, so my criticism of him isn't based on me wanting to be proven right about him.

Where else are we getting 13 goals and 6 assists from? Him and Richarlison carried us all last season.

Well we would've signed someone else instead of him wouldn't we. How do you know we wouldn't have played a completely different formation that suited our players better and our wingers wouldn't have got 20 each?

Well we would've signed someone else instead of him wouldn't we. How do you know we wouldn't have played a completely different formation that suited our players better and our wingers wouldn't have got 20 each?
Well yes but we didn't did we so this discussion is pointless, I don't know how you can call Siggurdsson a disappointment. He was one of the top players last season.

Well yes but we didn't did we so this discussion is pointless, I don't know how you can call Siggurdsson a disappointment. He was one of the top players last season.

I think unless the system is built entirely around him, he's useless. He's inflexible and one-dimensional. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just think we are incapable of moving forward while he's a first teamer as we can only play one way.

I think unless the system is built entirely around him, he's useless. He's inflexible and one-dimensional. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I just think we are incapable of moving forward while he's a first teamer as we can only play one way.
I agree that I think he does limit how the team plays but it's one of them isn't it, Still a top player.

a midfielder who was our joint top scorer with the most assists last year is a disappointment?

I hate to know what you think about the rest of the squad.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king..

Siggy doesn’t do/create enough, his contribution and finishing last week was poor, we need a better player in that role otherwise we will continue to draw blanks.
Hopefully Iwobi will be more central and push into the box with the ball instead of the side to side passing to the full backs. Which normally ends in the opposition CB heading clear.
We are too predictable with Siggy in that role.
(IMO)

The rest squad don’t hide and have the odd couple of games to give you stat weirdos proper hard’ons
That's the problem with any creative player. If they don't have a good game, they have a bad game. There's no in between. Most other positions, especially in midfield can get away with average performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.