Achievement Better Than The Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what lads, we've been waiting 33 years for a cup final, so no matter the outcome I'm envious of all of you who were there today. And despite the outcome, if I were an Evertonian I'd be bloody proud of this past season. A shoestring budget, coming up against sides with far greater resources and ultimately coming out of it the 'best of the rest' in 5th, with a day out at Wembley, knocking the red scouse out in the process.

It's not all bad lads, and under Moyes, there's more progress to follow I'm sure.

Col, thanks for the nice words of encouragement. I think, though, that our progress has been founded upon stability and gradually weeding out poor and mediocre players from the first team. We've arrived at a place now where we can only continue to replace (or, more accurately, recycle) good quality players with other good quality players that have a similar work ethic. The talk now in our ranks will be on sorting out the right flank and improving on Hibbert and Osman and then things will improve some more. That may or may not be able to be done within budget whilst not taking from elsewhere in the squad to finance it. Another fine balancing act that may or may not pay off. This is the frustration the club's manager and supporters have had to endure for the past few seasons. Enjoy your new found wealth. Genuinely. I wished to fcuk it was us.

Disappointing - poor performance... it's been said, but we just never got going atall. I was expecting a proper battling Everton performance and it just wasn't there.

Still, we've had a great season when you take all things into consideration. It's just important we don't sit around now. We're building something great but we need to kick on and keep it going in the summer. We can't let another opportunity pass us by.

Status
Not open for further replies.