Achievement Better Than The Performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing about today is sahas fantastic goal will be remembered just like Gary Linekers cracking opener in 86 - A prelude to a dissapointing day - and really it was a goal worthy of winning the cup.

Theres only one thing for :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

We have had a great season, finished 5th and FA Cuo runners up.

There are many clubs out there who would willingly swap.

i came on this forum because of fellaini, and to track his achievements with the blues. now ive followed everton closely for my first season and already really like the club, the atmosphere here and surrounding everton football
5th place: never thought that was going to happen :p
fa cup final: f*ckin ace.
see you lot next season

Condolences guys. :mad: It's hard to think objectively after a cup final defeat but it shouldn't cloud your judgement. You've had a season beyond most of your fans wildest dreams. 5th in the league and a cup final appearance; a manager who can take you even further if you can hold on to him; and a loyal support. ;) There's a hell of a lot of positives in there.
Keep your heads up! Things could be worse ... you could follow the Hibs ... we haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1902!!! But next year could end our wait for the holy grail - I hope so 'cos I'm getting on a bit. Keep the faith!
Hope all the Evertonians who attended Wembley got back safely.

God Bless the Toffees!

Poor performance, but overall, so proud of em this season, as somebody mentioned chelsea without Terry, Drogba, lampard, imagine the sh*te without gerrard, carragher and the ladyboy, we've done great, and no were not boro, being pleased by getting to a final, were realists

well done boys;)

I'm proud at what we accomplished this season. As far as today, well, at least I can take solace on the failures of others. Benetez is left to making excuses again, plus I get to see Geordies get tonked by Swansea and S****horpe next season.

5th and a cup final has been a brilliant season considering the frustrations of last summer, injuries, unlucky draws (Liege FFS).

As Moysie said - a semi final last season, a final this season ... maybe a trophy next season. Important thng is to build on this a nd kick on....not like we did after finishing 4th a couple of years bck...

Tell you what lads, we've been waiting 33 years for a cup final, so no matter the outcome I'm envious of all of you who were there today. And despite the outcome, if I were an Evertonian I'd be bloody proud of this past season. A shoestring budget, coming up against sides with far greater resources and ultimately coming out of it the 'best of the rest' in 5th, with a day out at Wembley, knocking the red scouse out in the process.

It's not all bad lads, and under Moyes, there's more progress to follow I'm sure.

We should have lost by 3-1. Better team wins today, no complain.

If we were to lose in FA cup, there's no better game than losing it in the final. Loser earns a million quid!!!!

i only counted 2 goals for chelsea, so i presume you mean the one that hit the bar & bounced on the line & out again. well, the whole of the ball has to be acrosss the whole of the line & from the angle of the replays i saw it wasn't clear that was the case, so it's no surprise the officials making a split-second decision didn't award the goal to chelsea.

Is the big man a better player with us than he is at belgium?

to be honest i never thought he'd be this important in his first season for a sub-top english premier league team, he had way more influence at standard but that was mostly because the team was built around him and defour in midfield, who he had played with even before making it to the first team.
so id say no, hes not a better player but the fact that he got to the same level of performance quite fast gives me reason to believe that next season, now that he's used to it here, he will be better than at any point in his footballing career, especially now that it seems he's got his card-getting under control

still reckon the toffees should get defour too though lol

I am as proud a blue as i was before the Cup Final loss. Many may believe we could have done better and maybe that is true, but Chelsea where hungry for silverware after losing out in the Premier League and Champions League. Their defeat to Barcelona was a key factor in yesterday's match as them being in the CL Final would have been favourable to us. It is no good pointing the finger at certain players, they tried to contain Chelsea but did'nt quite manage it and ultimately the better team won at the end of the day. I have no doubt Moyes will get his hands on silverware sometime very soon and we will continue to progress each season under his stewardship. Thanks for an excellent season lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.