Accepting Mid Table Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t we get a decent Italian coach who will start fixing our defence and start playing boring 0-0 and 1-0?
Sick and tired of this headless Football sambas and rumbas...
Will compete with Wolves this season...

People say they’ll accept a transitioning year then want the manager sacked after an average start to the season.

That right there is the confusing mentality.
You're dead right mate. What these people mean is they'll accept finishing 8th-10th, the actual position in the table doesn't bother them. What they're forgetting though, is that finishing 8th-10th involves losing loads of games, including ones that you would really expect to win. I've said it loads of times when this argument comes up, I don't enjoy going to games and watching us lose at home to teams like West Ham, so I don't like the idea of accepting 'transitional' seasons in that sense. The truth is, most people feel that way too, they just aren't putting 2 and 2 together in the first place.

You're dead right mate. What these people mean is they'll accept finishing 8th-10th, the actual position in the table doesn't bother them. What they're forgetting though, is that finishing 8th-10th involves losing loads of games, including ones that you would really expect to win. I've said it loads of times when this argument comes up, I don't enjoy going to games and watching us lose at home to teams like West Ham, so I don't like the idea of accepting 'transitional' seasons in that sense. The truth is, most people feel that way too, they just aren't putting 2 and 2 together in the first place.

No one likes us losing at home to West Ham, no one likes drawing away to Wolves. Problem is if we won all of these games and say lost against the Top 6, we’d be well up there. So it doesn’t really add up. Confusing forum sometimes.

No.
Very fine margins and STILL yet to field our best 11 and Silva's preferred 11.

Look at it this way:

Jags does not get sent off, we win against Wolves easy.
Rico isn't a moron/we get a pen from Cenk being hauled down then we beat Bournemouth
Huddersfield we were just poor but Rico would have scored a couple and was badly missed.
Yesterday, West Ham should have got a red and Cenk should have headed in.

Fine margins. We have been poor and very unlucky in key periods of games.

I still believe Coleman, Mina, Gomez and Richarlison and Bernard in the team will change things massively.

We are miles away from gate crashing the Sky 6 on and off the pitch the chasm is huge.

Bigger budgets,bigger turnovers,better managers and bigger stadiums.

Is gatecrashing the top 6 our target right now though?
No chance, we are miles off that. We need to start by getting the squad sorted and finding a formation that suits the players. We have far too many players who are too similar and don't compliment each other and therefore can't play together. That will take a few transfer windows to do all that, only then can we think about top 6 and europe.

If we can get 8th last season with all that went on, probably the worst season in a long time for player and manager change and upheaval, then Silva has no excuses not to get close to it. He has a better squad than last season, and a bigger first team choice of players to pick from. He needs at least top10 finish with a clear plan and something we can see for ourselves.

Its not about accepting mid table status for me but acknowledging it and working to improve our position so we can break into the top 6 like Spurs have under Poch.

No.
Very fine margins and STILL yet to field our best 11 and Silva's preferred 11.

Look at it this way:

Jags does not get sent off, we win against Wolves easy.
Rico isn't a moron/we get a pen from Cenk being hauled down then we beat Bournemouth
Huddersfield we were just poor but Rico would have scored a couple and was badly missed.
Yesterday, West Ham should have got a red and Cenk should have headed in.

Fine margins. We have been poor and very unlucky in key periods of games.

I still believe Coleman, Mina, Gomez and Richarlison and Bernard in the team will change things massively.

Let’s hope the players believe that massive change will come - I have my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.