Accepting Mid Table Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle

Player Valuation: £90m
Is part of the issue with Everton that our expectations are way above what we can actually achieve? This in turn causes all the angst when we don't beat teams with equal or more quality like West Ham.

Heard a call into Talk Sport talking about whether we are a big club, we just aren't anymore, we aren't relevant, mid table would be ok and if we accepted that we could start to build again.

Mid-table this year, in what is essentially another transitional season, wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world. You'd hope though that we'd be seeing a bit more from Silva & Co as the season wears on to suggest that a really good go at the top 6 next season would be achievable. It hasn't started great though like.

we are called a mid table team,even if we finish 6th/7th like the past years have proved,and when we do end higher we are said to be above our weight etc,we are probably the 7th best team after the usual mob and anything lower is probably said to be not to good,but i am not one of these that get good players and go mad thinking we will auto fight for the top 4 like some think or act like,or even be a cert for top 6 because some other team is doing bad,we just never seem to do it- i said 7th this year

Always knew we were not in the top 6, but not showing any fight against West ham when 3-1 down was embarrassing.

In the past we would of got it to 3-2 and then peppered there goal for the last few minutes.
Fact is no one is scared of coming to goodison anymore. There was a time when only the top 4 teams came here and won

I expect there'll be ups and downs this year as we build a style. I'll be happy with that so long as it brings non-embarrasing football and signs of improvement.

We are a big club with a big following and investment. We also have a top history that cannot be bought by the new monied clubs and cannot be dismissed by a media obsession with only the last 26 years it so of Division 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.