Accepting Mid Table Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always knew we were not in the top 6, but not showing any fight against West ham when 3-1 down was embarrassing.

In the past we would of got it to 3-2 and then peppered there goal for the last few minutes.
Fact is no one is scared of coming to goodison anymore. There was a time when only the top 4 teams came here and won
In the last 16 league games at Goodson before yesterday only the top two teams in the country ( no that doesn’t include your lot ) have won at Goodison

You're dead right mate. What these people mean is they'll accept finishing 8th-10th, the actual position in the table doesn't bother them. What they're forgetting though, is that finishing 8th-10th involves losing loads of games, including ones that you would really expect to win. I've said it loads of times when this argument comes up, I don't enjoy going to games and watching us lose at home to teams like West Ham, so I don't like the idea of accepting 'transitional' seasons in that sense. The truth is, most people feel that way too, they just aren't putting 2 and 2 together in the first place.

7th and 8th in the last two seasons and some people accept anything below that after spending huge on transfer fees and wages since Moshiri took over. I really don’t get this.

We don’t think like your lot
We’ve a bit more football intelligence

Are you trying to label me as something? Said it properly.

Football intelligence...like accepting 11th after spending £200m in two seasons? A manager has to deliver while altering things at a club. While he has to win something or break into top 4 at his ultimate goal, how come getting 7th/EL become some kind of big task all of a sudden?

We just need some stability. Four managers in just over 2 seasons (If you include Unsworth). It is going to be a frustrating season but I think Silva will do well if he's given time.

To start we need to get to grips with Silva's playing style and understand what he wants. We know Holgate and Zouma don't work and we know Gueye and Schneiderlin don't work either. From next week, the CB pairing will be resolved and soon enough so will the CM's.

Next, we need to get our home form back. Losing at home is something that should be difficult and we need to be a lot more comfortable in front of our fans. Yesterday we looked like the away team and were all over the place. It needs sorting asap.

Once we fix those two and build a bit of confidence, we can pick up points on the road and even go to London and win a game.

Just my thoughts

To start we need to get to grips with Silva's playing style and understand what he wants. We know Holgate and Zouma don't work and we know Gueye and Schneiderlin don't work either. From next week, the CB pairing will be resolved and soon enough so will the CM's.

Next, we need to get our home form back. Losing at home is something that should be difficult and we need to be a lot more comfortable in front of our fans. Yesterday we looked like the away team and were all over the place. It needs sorting asap.

Once we fix those two and build a bit of confidence, we can pick up points on the road and even go to London and win a game.

Just my thoughts

This is crucial. We rely on beating clubs outside the Sky teams at home, when we do well in the league.

Mid table....if that is what you think ok but I totally disagree. We are far better than last year when we finished 8th. Yes there are still issues that need solving but come on let’s be positive,we haven’t got Fat SAM as manager and we are creating more chance than last year.

I think this, too. Don’t understand why. Similar to how I think most of us knew we would lose yesterday.

So getting a fair (7th) place finish and rebuilding a squad contradict each other. So to rebuild a squad would actually go through a process of being crap. This ain’t right. People need to keep the standard of expectation or we will never break the glass ceiling with this mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.