Transfer Rumour Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I can see them moving a level above Ramsey to be honest so he seems a silly boy to not take their offer before they took it away.

One thing to remember about this is that whatever offer Arsenal did give him it would have been huge. He’s probably already on a lot and this would have been even more.

Is he worth what we’d have to give him to convince him to come here? Not sure myself.

and @Dymak

I think the thing with Ramsey more than anything is where does he fit into Emery's system? And I think the answer to that is clearly, he doesn't.

That's not to say he's not a good player, but it seems - and this may be more because Ozil is on a long term deal as well - that Emery wants Ozil central. He's a pragmatist so he's probably not going to have another attacking player in there.

Ramsey's best role is as a box-to-box number 10. I know that's in danger of going a bit 'false number 6' etc, but if you think about how Ramsey plays then at his best he's given that freedom to drift about from an advanced central position, but because he isn't a natural playmaker (like Ozil is) his strength comes from running off the ball/quick interplay.

So back to my point, it seems that Emery wants to have Ozil (a natural playmaker) in that central spot, which basically means Ramsey isn't going to be starting every game. Obviously, they need a squad, and a quality one, but if Ramsey is demanding huge wages, then Arsenal aren't willing to pay those wages for what, really, is now a rotation player (even if Ramsey starts plenty of games, which he will).

I definitely think he'd be worth us going for IF there was a sniff of getting him, because he's quality, but then the risk would be it'd be exactly the same type of situation. Where would he fit in? Would he suit how Silva/Brands want the side to play?

Personally, I can very much see him at City/United/RS. Not sure on Chelsea. Not sure if he fits how Sarri wants his midfielders to play.

Sarri likes a sitter (Jorginho/Fabregas), a box-to-box/hassler (Kante) and then a player who can carry the ball forward (Barkley/Kovacic). If you look at his Napoli side he had exactly the same format: Jorginho, Allan, Hamsik.

I do think Pep would very much have him at City, and out of all the teams he'd probably be the best fit there. His game would all be about finishing off moves, not creating them, even though his best position is one you'd usually associate with a 'playmaker'.

would he really be on that much? he's not a super star of a top 4, like a Hazard, Pogba, de Bryune. He's an average squad player for top 6. Yes, he's probably on 120-150k a week. But it won't take 300k per week to tempt him. can't see many in the top 6 paying that much for him, as he doesn't add anything to them, he wouldn't walk into any top 6 starting 11 as a certain first choice. He also wouldn't be an upgrade on Siggy of Gomes. they only reason to get him would be if we can't get Gomes to stay.

would he really be on that much? he's not a super star of a top 4, like a Hazard, Pogba, de Bryune. He's an average squad player for top 6. Yes, he's probably on 120-150k a week. But it won't take 300k per week to tempt him. can't see many in the top 6 paying that much for him, as he doesn't add anything to them, he wouldn't walk into any top 6 starting 11 as a certain first choice. He also wouldn't be an upgrade on Siggy of Gomes. they only reason to get him would be if we can't get Gomes to stay.

I think you will be surprised where he ends up. (& plays)

and @Dymak

Ramsey's best role is as a box-to-box number 10. I know that's in danger of going a bit 'false number 6' etc, but if you think about how Ramsey plays then at his best he's given that freedom to drift about from an advanced central position, but because he isn't a natural playmaker (like Ozil is) his strength comes from running off the ball/quick interplay.

sounds a lot like Davy K.

You might think differently after more than a couple of games? Having seen both of them play for a few years I´d say Ramsey was the better player.

That's a fair enough comment re Gomes,and it would of course depend how Gomes gets on for the rest of the season. Before his move to Barca he was obviously up there with the best,and if he gets back to that level,he would produce more than Ramsey could ever get close to.

and @Dymak

I think the thing with Ramsey more than anything is where does he fit into Emery's system? And I think the answer to that is clearly, he doesn't.

That's not to say he's not a good player, but it seems - and this may be more because Ozil is on a long term deal as well - that Emery wants Ozil central. He's a pragmatist so he's probably not going to have another attacking player in there.

So back to my point, it seems that Emery wants to have Ozil (a natural playmaker) in that central spot, which basically means Ramsey isn't going to be starting every game. Obviously, they need a squad, and a quality one, but if Ramsey is demanding huge wages, then Arsenal aren't willing to pay those wages for what, really, is now a rotation player (even if Ramsey starts plenty of games, which he will).

I definitely think he'd be worth us going for IF there was a sniff of getting him, because he's quality, but then the risk would be it'd be exactly the same type of situation. Where would he fit in? Would he suit how Silva/Brands want the side to play?

Personally, I can very much see him at City/United/RS. Not sure on Chelsea. Not sure if he fits how Sarri wants his midfielders to play.

Sarri likes a sitter (Jorginho/Fabregas), a box-to-box/hassler (Kante) and then a player who can carry the ball forward (Barkley/Kovacic). If you look at his Napoli side he had exactly the same format: Jorginho, Allan, Hamsik.

I do think Pep would very much have him at City, and out of all the teams he'd probably be the best fit there. His game would all be about finishing off moves, not creating them, even though his best position is one you'd usually associate with a 'playmaker'.

Mate you know I’m not reading all that.

That's a fair enough comment re Gomes,and it would of course depend how Gomes gets on for the rest of the season. Before his move to Barca he was obviously up there with the best,and if he gets back to that level,he would produce more than Ramsey could ever get close to.
This.

Have to disagree there mate.

I´ve been impressed by Gomes in a first couple of games kind of way where he has slotted in and hasn´t looked out of place. My question is can he kick on from this in the way Arteta did or is this his peak? Very, very early days and I hope he can.

Ramsey is a top, top player. If he had a burst of pace then he would probably be elite level. I hope Gomes can kick on too, I think the next few weeks are key. He´s done well in the first couple of games but I want to see him go on and really stamp his authority on games now.

I´ve been impressed by Gomes in a first couple of games kind of way where he has slotted in and hasn´t looked out of place. My question is can he kick on from this in the way Arteta did or is this his peak? Very, very early days and I hope he can.
If he gets back to were he was at Valencia, which is the big question he will be near and shoulders above Ramsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.