Transfer Rumour Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's very much like Klaassen in his style, but a lot better and physically able to deal with the Premier League.

Not saying he can't pick a pass, he's just not exactly a typical playmaker, even if his best position is probably in the gap between midfield and attack.
He applies himself to the game more than Klaassen which is massive in that position. Even the most skillful center midfielders are useless if they don't go get the ball.

No chance. Not enough tackles in that midfield. Frankly, any midfield without Gana in it cannot possibly be our best midfield.
Spot on. Gomes is showing good signs but Gana still puts in a massive amount of the midfield work in our team. Taking him out for someone who doesn't pick up that load won't work.

Don't want him

No doubting his quality but he's not the sort of signing we should be making now, need young hungry players who'll take us to the next level or bring us big £££ in the future, with FFP in mind

He applies himself to the game more than Klaassen which is massive in that position. Even the most skillful center midfielders are useless if they don't go get the ball.

he's quicker, stronger, a better passer and has that moment of magic in him, definitely.

I just meant in terms of the style of player - he's somewhere in between a number 8 and a number 10, if you will

he's quicker, stronger, a better passer and has that moment of magic in him, definitely.

I just meant in terms of the style of player - he's somewhere in between a number 8 and a number 10, if you will
I don't see him having the ability to play as a straight up 10 so for me he really is a number 8 in practice although he does have more skill and passing ability than most

If they got the amount of time they did last season and at the beginning of this season when we had 9 injured, then you'd be right. But they'll at best be getting 20 minutes here and there plus the odd start. You would also expect them to improve with proper coaching and experience. But for the moment they are squad players. If we don't get top 6 this year it won't be because our squad players are not good enough. it will be because our 1st XI aren't good enough.

Our lack of a striker will be the main reason imo , but, you need at least the first 11 and another 4 to be very strong to reach top 6 and that’s minimum. Players can’t play every single game, and they need competition for places to keep performing

I am just interpreting his words mate, not taking his side.

I am not of the view it's necessarily a bad thing. However I think the evidence would probably support Mirallas's view that we are more of a business now.
I hear you on the business front but I dont think that takes away a family feeling or more importantly a happy team atmosphere. Looking at some of the media coming out of FF in particular the unseen everton video blogs i get the feeling its a pretty happy tight knit group and getting better as the rotten eggs (not you @Eggs ) depart

I am just interpreting his words mate, not taking his side.

I am not of the view it's necessarily a bad thing. However I think the evidence would probably support Mirallas's view that we are more of a business now.

..I know somebody at USM FF and he says it’s a totally different place these days to what it was. Many of the first team squad were very close with the staff but they are kept very much to themselves and rarely mix. The atmosphere is nowhere as good as it was in years gone by.

He reckons it’s down to logistics (the area were they park, change, train and eat is almost self-contained), also even the youngsters are staggeringly wealthy and just live in a different world. I suppose it’s a sign of the times.

..I know somebody at USM FF and he says it’s a totally different place these days to what it was. Many of the first team squad were very close with the staff but they are kept very much to themselves and rarely mix. The atmosphere is nowhere as good as it was in years gone by.

He reckons it’s down to logistics (the area were they park, change, train and eat is almost self-contained), also even the youngsters are staggeringly wealthy and just live in a different world. I suppose it’s a sign of the times.

Glen Murray did a few interviews for BT/Sky about his journey and he mentioned how different it is for kids these days and that they maybe lack drive due to being on good wages. Was a decent listen.

Glen Murray did a few interviews for BT/Sky about his journey and he mentioned how different it is for kids these days and that they maybe lack drive due to being on good wages. Was a decent listen.

...it must be the case. I always use the phrase, ‘playing like football matters’ and I think it’s a great attribute to have in this day and age when they are all so wealthy.

...it must be the case. I always use the phrase, ‘playing like football matters’ and I think it’s a great attribute to have in this day and age when they are all so wealthy.

Yeh he (or Harry Redknapp) mentioned some that don’t make it at PL academies drop down, realise they don’t have the same benefits and wages, and completely struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.