Transfer Rumour Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
...oh dear, an injury prone Arsenal player with his own thread in an Everton forum. Happy Birthday Aaron.
See this is it for me.

Is his previous injury risk worth it? Me and the other staff were discussing this earlier between ourselves, with a vague 70/30 split pro Ramsey.

I’ll grant this a transfer rumour thread prefix though lol

See this is it for me.

Is his previous injury risk worth it? Me and the other staff were discussing this earlier between ourselves, with a vague 70/30 split pro Ramsey.

I’ll grant this a transfer rumour thread prefix though lol

played over 40 games a season in every season since the leg break

no he can sign a pre contract agreement before as far as im aware

I don't think that is right yanno mate

I think its something about pre-contracts not being legally enforceable under UK law, moreso than anything to do with a football governing body

undecided tbh, good squad player for a free, but don't see how he fits here. I mean he's an attacking mid, i don't care how often he plays deep, he's not a tackler so he would not be able to play instead of gana or alongside him. You lose his main qualities by playing him deeper. He'd have to play the same roll as siggy for me, whom we also have bernard for ... and to a lesser extent dowell.

So with that in mind, he'd be a backup to siggy imo (both are probably level in quality but siggy does mor ethings stronger to me), in which case, we're not going to pay 150k a week for someone to sit on the bench, surely? And least of all, he could start for better teams than us so he wouldn't be coming here to play rotation, he'd weirdly get more games for arsenal.

played over 40 games a season in every season since the leg break
Fair enough I assumed he was a crock.

I think its something about pre-contracts not being legally enforceable under UK law, moreso than anything to do with a football governing body
Essentially it’s just a handshake.

Player and agent can legally renage on it.

Beleive you can sign pre contracts from foreign clubs but not from the same country. Didn’t we sign mgeady on a pre contract and then pay 250k or something for them to release him early

Beleive you can sign pre contracts from foreign clubs but not from the same country. Didn’t we sign mgeady on a pre contract and then pay 250k or something for them to release him early

again I think it was just an informal agreement (as @Groucho states)

foreign countries (probably not all) do enforce pre-contract agreements,

He can't sign for us until summer, and I believe he said recently he wants to stay til the end of the season anyway.

We won't get him if he leaves on a free transfer imo, the competition for his signature would likely be too great for us. January is our opportunity to force a move imo.

We'd have to pay a much reduced transfer fee and a huge signing on fee, but even if that was a 30 million pound outlay, we'd still be getting a top player at below market value. The outlay could be covered through selling Lookman and Schniderlin, whose combined wages will be pretty close to Ramsey's wage demands.

On the fence on this one. have we not got enough players in midfield now? Do we need him?

Our centre midfield options realistically are Mcarthy (crock) Schneiderlein (doesnt offer enough in defence or attack so ends up being very 6/10) Gueye (some rate him, i think any midfield worth their salt gets an easy ride against him despite his stats) davies (see schneiderlein but may imrpove) Gomes (here for a few more months, hasnt played so cant judge) and Baningme (not seen enough of him)

so id say all those can be upgraded on especially by arsenals best centre mid

Status
Not open for further replies.