Transfer Rumour Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did say he`s staying until the end of the season, but he can sign a pre contract in Jan.
Can't he only do that with a club from abroad? I thought if it was another English club they had to wait until his existing contract expired.
no he can sign a pre contract agreement before as far as im aware
I don't think that is right yanno mate

I think its something about pre-contracts not being legally enforceable under UK law, moreso than anything to do with a football governing body

He can only sign a pre-contract with foreign clubs in Jan. Don't think he would announce a PL club at that time as it might come under 'tapping up', although I'm not sure how the fact he say's he leaving in July would affect that. Prob not worth the risk either way I would think.

He can only sign a pre-contract with foreign clubs in Jan. Don't think he would announce a PL club at that time as it might come under 'tapping up', although I'm not sure how the fact he say's he leaving in July would affect that. Prob not worth the risk either way I would think.
I can tell you play football manager, that's how I know that rule.

On the fence on this one. have we not got enough players in midfield now? Do we need him?
Huh?

- McCarthy has missed 80 games in the last four seasons; he needs to go.
- Schneiderlin has consistently underperformed for his entire time here bar the the first four / five months; he needs to go.
- Ramsey is better than both of them anyway.
- Gana is very good at what he does, but what he does is kinda limited. He needs someone alongside him in a 2-man midfield who has a bit of flair and inventiveness.

Ramsey is the wise, Prem-experienced head we need to play alongside Davies and help him develop. Better still, at 27 years old Ramsey is arguably coming into the absolute prime of his career. Gomes might be amazing or he might not... he might be here in September and he might not. Everyone else is basically a reserve / U21 player.

We have numbers in midfield, sure... but we lack quality, and some of those numbers have outstayed their welcome. Aaron gets a thumbs-up from me.

On the one hand we could potentially give him a £15-20m signing on fee and use the wages that we currently throw away on Schneiderlin, Jagielka, Sandro, bolasie etc etc to finance the move.

On the other hand I’m not convinced he’d even consider us.

Agreed I doubt he'll come here. Would be a fantastic signing mind.
Wrong age for Brands /Silva ( I’m sounding more Zatlike by the day )
Wages much too high
Pllays same position as Gomes , and if Gomes hits his Valencia form he is as good if not better than Ramsey and Gomes has a point to prove Ramsey doesn’t
I’d say it’s done and dusted he’s going to Milan , whichever one Gaziddis (sp) moved to

Wrong age for Brands /Silva ( I’m sounding more Zatlike by the day )
Wages much too high
Pllays same position as Gomes , and if Gomes hits his Valencia form he is as good if not better than Ramsey and Gomes has a point to prove Ramsey doesn’t
I’d say it’s done and dusted he’s going to Milan , whichever one Gaziddis (sp) moved to

Haven't a problem with his age as he's only 27, I think this is the sort of signing we need to make in order to make the elite and media look up and think "wow he's left Arsenal to join Everton they must have big ambitions" as then suddenly other top players and agents start looking our way.

I just doubt he would come!

Haven't a problem with his age as he's only 27, I think this is the sort of signing we need to make in order to make the elite and media look up and think "wow he's left Arsenal to join Everton they must have big ambitions" as then suddenly other top players and agents start looking our way.

I just doubt he would come!
I’d say his future has been well sorted by now
He has just had twins and this is his last big payday
Unless his wife doesn’t fancy the continent he’s off to the fashion capital of Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.