Aaron Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best work rate out of all our 'forwards' considering, Koeman likes this I'm surprised he's been cast aside, could he be any worse than those on the field at the moment?

I just searched for this thread to post pretty much the same thing.

You'd think he'd be an almost automatic selection based on the way Koeman says he wants to play. A perfect player for playing a pressing style.

Best work rate out of all our 'forwards' considering, Koeman likes this I'm surprised he's been cast aside, could he be any worse than those on the field at the moment?

Bolasie is at least doing a bit, but whatever variant of Mirallas/ Barkley/ Deulofeu, none of them are supporting Lukaku enough. Lennon is nowhere near as talented as any of those others mentioned, but he's positive and always combined well with Lukaku. We could do a lot worse than give him a start, as like you say, he cant do much worse.

I just searched for this thread to post pretty much the same thing.

You'd think he'd be an almost automatic selection based on the way Koeman says he wants to play. A perfect player for playing a pressing style.

Bolasie is at least doing a bit, but whatever variant of Mirallas/ Barkley/ Deulofeu, none of them are supporting Lukaku enough. Lennon is nowhere near as talented as any of those others mentioned, but he's positive and always combined well with Lukaku. We could do a lot worse than give him a start, as like you say, he cant do much worse.

I agree we should see what Lennon could offer, not like he could do worse than our attacking players today.

But I think it shows the gulf in class between us and those challenging for the title, when we are resorting to giving the opportunity to a Spurs hand out who has so far played a bit part role during his time here. This is by no means a criticism of him, more so our other attacking options.

I agree we should see what Lennon could offer, not like he could do worse than our attacking players today.

But I think it shows the gulf in class between us and those challenging for the title, when we are resorting to giving the opportunity to a Spurs hand out who has so far played a bit part role during his time here. This is by no means a criticism of him, more so our other attacking options.

Thought he played a large role in the second half of 14-15. Came in and worked his socks off and kinda shamed a few of the other players.

Scored 1 in 5 last season which isn't a half bad return from a winger. 8 of his 25 league appearances were off the bench.

Maybe he's just a 'try hard' player with pace. I'll take it over players who don't work hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.