Aaron Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's fantastic to see him back amongst the lads at training, and with a smile on his face.

Great advice from Aaron in that post as well.

It is indeed.

We could debate all night about his football ability, but I think we would all agree that it is sound he seems to be getting better, and is at the best club in the world when it comes to supporting their players.

It's great seeing Lennon about in pre-season, with a smile on his face. Sometimes with mental health, it's best to keep in a routine and have supportive people around you.

I also think he'll have a part to play this season. If we sign Giroud and Sigurdsson, alongside Rooney, Barkley, Gana, Schneiderlin, Bolasie injured and Deulofeu back at Barca there's a massive lack of pace. Lennon has pace in abundance, and hopefully dealing with his health issues we may see a different player. Everyone in the squad will have a part to play this season.

Nice one.

Prem + Europa league + a domestic cup run = fixtures. Easily 50+ approaching 60 if we go well. Insane.

Very pleased with our summer biz, but godda face it, Barry, jags kinda done their bit. Lennon, recovering. Bolasie, Coleman out. Delofeu, Rom, gone. Youth players have done well which is great because we'll need 'em. Or squad is actually scarcely any bigger when you factor in the extra games.

Lennon is just the kind of player we need to be doing the biz.

It's possible, but Davies has shown he can do a job there also. Hopefully Kenny will have a good pre season and we'll have good competition for places.

It's naturally to be excited about new players, but we shouldn't forget what we have coming through. It's going to be a big season for Lookman, Kenny, DCL. And hopefully Lennon will have his part to play. When he has played, he's always done a job.

This.

In the absence of Coleman, could he become a right wing back similar to Valencia at UTD ?

Good shout mate, he puts a shift in whenever he plays and has the stamina to go box to box, well chuffed to see he appears to have recovered from his recent illness, I've always liked Lennon and felt we got a bargain, he could well have a big part to play this season as a squad member.

We have been recognised by people not associated with the club for our record on mental health.
E.g. Stan Collymore

uh oh
PAY-North-Belfast-leading-Orangemen.jpg

No. : )

Only kidding:

1. Positionally AL's never looked like a stand out player there. This is just my opinion, mind.

2. His distribution and crossing from that position are a bit of a mystery. Maybe he could do it.

3. If RB, he's not attacking. Minus bolasie and Rom we're actually a bit light of threat. DCL's neither nippy nor a wide man. Lookman might also do that job, but still. Lots of games next season.

4. Timing
In top form full of confidence, sure why not try him if holgate/kenny not available. But I think as he gets back to top form, for me, I'd like to see him getting 20-30 mins or more skinning tired defenders and whipping crosses in. The moment he tucks one away we'll all go bonkers : )

Status
Not open for further replies.