A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you’d only get the handle = something not fit for purpose
we supporters might collect the longest of these handles and present it to the squad at the season's end awards ceremony; after-all, our shower of a team deserve the long handle being taken to them.

Disagree with the final point of the article - "it's a long time since it's felt worse"

It has been a crap season and I'm happy to see the back of it. The main issue for me is that our performance has been so far behind what the minimum we expected (Europe again, decent cup run?) and the grander ambitions we hoped for. But, once the season has gone and Allardyce has left, there's plenty to be hopeful and optimistic about - the new ground, the finances, a new manager - it's been a boring, forgettable, and extremely frustrating season, but Dominic King (who I'm pretty sure is a Kopite by allegiance...) is over egging it just a tad.

Get this season in the bin and let's move onto the next.

Reminds me a lot of 05/06 season. So much to look forward to at the start. Out of all the cups in the early rounds and a soulless mid table finish.

The Wimbledon game was like a cup final especially with us being 2 down so I always will remember that day. The Coventry game was horrible. Thankfully I haven't been this season my sympathy goes to the loyal fans who've been turning up. Under Walter it was tough some really dark days, this season given the expectation has been probably worse. The article is right and we all know it. Big clear out needed in most departments. I believe season tickets for next season are very high, no offence to anyone but I can't imagine why.
If Holdsworth had buried that free header you'd have remembered it for all the wrong reasons.

If EFC sold official branded coffee mugs, they would be handle-less : symbolic of the fact that EFC haven't got a handle on anything

Or you’d only get the handle = something not fit for purpose

we supporters might collect the longest of these handles and present it to the squad at the season's end awards ceremony; after-all, our shower of a team deserve the long handle being taken to them.

We certainly got enough mugs in this current squad

It’s the nadir of Everton, rather than actually slumping into relegation they’ve regressed to being the most boring team in the footballing pyramid. The worst style of football, embarrassed by the top 6, barely a win away, dull formulaic wins over the bottom 13 at home, no last minute winners, no exciting games, just pure boredom.

It’s what the club has been threatening for a while and now it’s come to pass. The trends have all been there, longer and longer without an away derby win, longer and longer without any derby win, longer without an away win v top 6, now that’s passed to the home form too, now even just winning away is becoming a difficult task.

Just think that even Pardews West Brom won a cup tie at Anfield 3-1 that could have been 5.

Mindsets are so ingrained at Everton that only a sweep from top to bottom will cure it but we seem to say it every season and every season the trends get worse and worse.

Great post that St D...absolutely sums up Everton.

Reminds me a lot of 05/06 season. So much to look forward to at the start. Out of all the cups in the early rounds and a soulless mid table finish.
Iirc, the second half of that season we really started to look like a good footballing unit. The three seasons following that we never finished lower than 6th, with two 5th places in there.

I see absolutely nothing in this squad to suggest they could do anything in future seasons.

HUGE rebuild is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.