A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first season ever where I stopped watching or caring about Everton games.

Once we hit 36 points, I tuned out.

One problem from personal experience is the criticism of the club is usually met with worse case scenarios as a response and not one of things could actually be better. That's a mindset that needs to go. When I say criticism I don't mean be abusive either before any starts.

A season like this has been brewing for years, it's alright saying we have money now but it's how it's spent and the people who spend it. I don't think some fans see that and I struggle to think how things will improve in a way that really matters (regularly competing for leagues, trophies, European cup) when you see who is there now, what has happened this season and seasons before that.

Iirc, the second half of that season we really started to look like a good footballing unit. The three seasons following that we never finished lower than 6th, with two 5th places in there.

I see absolutely nothing in this squad to suggest they could do anything in future seasons.

HUGE rebuild is required.

Probably the largest rebuilding job in our history.
Offloading all the gutless mercenaries we have accumulated will be the problem, there are only 5-6 players out of the whole squad that we should retain. If we bring in 2-3 players per window we might have a decent team in a couple of seasons.
If Walsh isn't sacked as DOF expect more of the same though.

Iirc, the second half of that season we really started to look like a good footballing unit. The three seasons following that we never finished lower than 6th, with two 5th places in there.

I see absolutely nothing in this squad to suggest they could do anything in future seasons.

HUGE rebuild is required.
There was a huge rebuild at the club last summer, more so than any other club.

It’s a lot harder now to get near the “big six” clubs than previous seasons as they mop up all the top talent.

We are having to go for untested players (Michael Keane, Davy Klassen, Tosun etc) and hope they turn out good, or players already not good enough for the top six (Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson etc.).

Very difficult to close the gap when the players coming in wouldn’t get into a top six side. The only hope is doing a Leicester by signing a Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, but it’s not often that a hidden gem is unearthed.

Status
Not open for further replies.