A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take a season when I look at the fixture list and pick the games we are nailed on to lose.And for once be wrong!

Yeah it’s this that so annoying. The predictability of the whole thing. I’d take being midtable if we just had a few bigger moments in the season, clubs like Bournemouth can win at Stamford Bridge yet you know before the season starts we won’t win away at any top 6 and we won’t win any derbies.

We’ve said this most summers. Everton just go out and find the next fraud.

The next appointment and the structure above him is now very important. I am not sure Moshiri's reputation will survive in tact with supporters if the right moves aren't made and if we don't start going in the right direction we will be done. In the end he will have to decide whether his investment, the fans feelings and the club more generally are more important, or if not upsetting Woods, Elstone and Kenwright should take priority. So far we have chosen the latter by keeping them in place. The window of opportunity will be shut soon.

Yeah it’s this that so annoying. The predictability of the whole thing. I’d take being midtable if we just had a few bigger moments in the season, clubs like Bournemouth can win at Stamford Bridge yet you know before the season starts we won’t win away at any top 6 and we won’t win any derbies.
And the problem is we are starting to make a habit of losing at the likes Bournmouth and Watford now.

And the problem is we are starting to make a habit of losing at the likes Bournmouth and Watford now.

At the start of the season the Everton players set up for wins against the bottom 13 at home, draws away, and nothing from the top 6. This is the max we can attain and we invariably drop a few even from that position.

I’d much rather we were a streaky team capable of losing at home to West Brom but also of winning away at a top side, not every time of course but at least once. Instead we have some of the worst longest streak records of not winning whilst other teams abide to law of chance and have picked up a couple here and there.

Other teams think ‘we’re worse than Liverpool/United/Chelsea but if we catch them on an off day we could upset them’. Our players think ‘we have no right to beat this team and can not win in any circumstance’

I can’t keep watching this formula unfold. I thought it would go when Moyes did, but it’s got worse and worse and worse. Something has to change or fans will disengage, football is exciting because it’s unpredictable and you can keep fans reeled on the hope of that ‘one time’ it might all turn out. Everton are not selling unpredictably and basically guarantee there won’t be a ‘one time’. The language of knife to a gunfight, expected losses, best of the rest, lucky to come out alive, no other club I know talks like this.

Unless people at the club change this broken record pretty soon people will leave in their droves.

At the start of the season the Everton players set up for wins against the bottom 13 at home, draws away, and nothing from the top 6. This is the max we can attain and we invariably drop a few even from that position.

I’d much rather we were a streaky team capable of losing at home to West Brom but also of winning away at a top side, not every time of course but at least once. Instead we have some of the worst longest streak records of not winning whilst other teams abide to law of chance and have picked up a couple here and there.

Other teams think ‘we’re worse than Liverpool/United/Chelsea but if we catch them on an off day we could upset them’. Our players think ‘we have no right to beat this team and can not win in any circumstance’

I can’t keep watching this formula unfold. I thought it would go when Moyes did, but it’s got worse and worse and worse. Something has to change or fans will disengage, football is exciting because it’s unpredictable and you can keep fans reeled on the hope of that ‘one time’ it might all turn out. Everton are not selling unpredictably and basically guarantee there won’t be a ‘one time’. The language of knife to a gunfight, expected losses, best of the rest, lucky to come out alive, no other club I know talks like this.

Unless people at the club change this broken record pretty soon people will leave in their droves.
Seems a change of manager and change of players,changes nothing.Must just be in the clubs DNA now.

Seems a change of manager and change of players,changes nothing.Must just be in the clubs DNA now.

It comes from that clown Elstone and ultimately Kenwright. Until they are gone nothing will change. We have completely conceded any notion of ever challenging for anything. We enter competitions with no intention to try and win them. The players don’t expect to ever win derbies. Mentally we are as weak a club as I have ever known us to be. Even in the 90s we’d still expect to win derbies, win away at top sides now and then, and if the stars aligned could win a trophy (as we did). We saw ourselves very much as a sleeping giant suffering a temporary lack of quality. Kenwright and Elstone have cemented the idea that we will never return to our glorious past and therefore it’s better to be the nicest club in the league than try and win anything.

we supporters might collect the longest of these handles and present it to the squad at the season's end awards ceremony; after-all, our shower of a team deserve the long handle being taken to them.
What would be the point giving them handles they wouldn't know what to do with them, haven't picked a cup up for years

It comes from that clown Elstone and ultimately Kenwright. Until they are gone nothing will change. We have completely conceded any notion of ever challenging for anything. We enter competitions with no intention to try and win them. The players don’t expect to ever win derbies. Mentally we are as weak a club as I have ever known us to be. Even in the 90s we’d still expect to win derbies, win away at top sides now and then, and if the stars aligned could win a trophy (as we did). We saw ourselves very much as a sleeping giant suffering a temporary lack of quality. Kenwright and Elstone have cemented the idea that we will never return to our glorious past and therefore it’s better to be the nicest club in the league than try and win anything.

How can you still blame Kenwright? Since Moshiri has come in we have gone from Martinez to Big Sam via Koeman with Walsh added into the mix. Kenwright cemented the idea we were knocking on the door of the top 6, the best of the rest, now were not even that, the decline over the last 2 seasons has been shocking. Kenwright started with a terrible foundation and built it up, Moshiri had it easy but killed it

How can you still blame Kenwright? Since Moshiri has come in we have gone from Martinez to Big Sam via Koeman with Walsh added into the mix. Kenwright cemented the idea we were knocking on the door of the top 6, the best of the rest, now were not even that, the decline over the last 2 seasons has been shocking. Kenwright started with a terrible foundation and built it up, Moshiri had it easy but killed it

Bill Kenwright is still here mate.

I blame all of them but Moshiri hasn’t been here as long so can’t be blamed for 2 decades of failure. He’s in the chair now though and needs to change it and stadium work aside he’s made an awful start.

The next appointment and the structure above him is now very important. I am not sure Moshiri's reputation will survive in tact with supporters if the right moves aren't made and if we don't start going in the right direction we will be done. In the end he will have to decide whether his investment, the fans feelings and the club more generally are more important, or if not upsetting Woods, Elstone and Kenwright should take priority. So far we have chosen the latter by keeping them in place. The window of opportunity will be shut soon.
Elstone is leaving in the summer

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.