A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

But would Fonseca coming make us Top 6 candidates in the first season in charge?

Undoubtedly not, as we`re an absolute mess.

However I think the majority would settle for :

Joined up footy.

Footy with a plan b.

A coherent transfer policy.

Signs that we were going in the right direction.

Shifting of deadwood, regardless of sentiment.

A great article, for me this stands out " the squad is top-heavy with ageing players". A point that DaveK and I have been pursuing for some time particular in respect of Jags, Baines, add to that now Rooney, Williams, of course Mirallas who looks as if he is coming back. The use of these players does fall on the manager and BFS repeatedly selects them but that is his style so called experience first and foremost. Under BFS the tactics have been nailed by other clubs as the article points out which demonstrates the limits and paucity of his management ability.

Undoubtedly not, as we`re an absolute mess.

However I think the majority would settle for :

Joined up footy.

Footy with a plan b.

A coherent transfer policy.

Signs that we were going in the right direction.

Shifting of deadwood, regardless of sentiment.

Right now I would settle for just the last two, HK 1 was probably the last time we had all five.

He really thinks,"Look back, though, and you can find memories. 1994? Barry Horne's goal in the great escape against Wimbledon. 1998?"
That is a memory anyone could fondly recall?

That is a fair point. I had been taken in by that line, but i'd sooner have this 'season of nothing' than take it to the final day and see a screamer from say Davies just to count it as a memorable moment by surviving on the last day.

The Wimbledon game was like a cup final especially with us being 2 down so I always will remember that day. The Coventry game was horrible. Thankfully I haven't been this season my sympathy goes to the loyal fans who've been turning up. Under Walter it was tough some really dark days, this season given the expectation has been probably worse. The article is right and we all know it. Big clear out needed in most departments. I believe season tickets for next season are very high, no offence to anyone but I can't imagine why.

The Wimbledon game was like a cup final especially with us being 2 down so I always will remember that day. The Coventry game was horrible. Thankfully I haven't been this season my sympathy goes to the loyal fans who've been turning up. Under Walter it was tough some really dark days, this season given the expectation has been probably worse. The article is right and we all know it. Big clear out needed in most departments. I believe season tickets for next season are very high, no offence to anyone but I can't imagine why.
...it's due to hope, (and, as any indentured Evertonian can tell you, it's the hope that kills you)

Status
Not open for further replies.