A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
When that ball fell to Calvert Lewin though, just for a second I thought a season's worth of frustration was about to burst out in one moment of wild celebration. Then he did whatever the hell it was he did and I kicked the seat in front of me and gave myself a bruise that feels pretty painful two days later. My life supporting Everton encapsulated in 5 seconds.

I'm so numbed now I didn't get worked up about that chance. Tho' I did accidentally smash the handle of my lovely GOT Mug* in the first derby through sheer excitement as Rooney slotted the pen. Since then Everton have done their best to numb me into oblivion.

At the very least Sam should've recorded one derby win from the three he's had. He hasn't, so he gets no more slack from me.

*I can still drink from it, just no handle lol

Can't argue with that article. Since we are currently on 41 points with 5 left to play I could see us winning 2 of them and ending on 47 points, the exact same points total in the 2 failed Martinez seasons.

Yet in those Martinez seasons:

2014/15: Wolfsburg (H) - won 4-1, Wolfsburg (A) - won 2-0, Young Boys (A) - won 4-1, Man United (H) - won 3-0
2015/16: Got to 2 semi finals

This season has been one of the most disappointing in years, with no stand out games. That's not to try and make out the other 2 were any good as they were dire as well, but at least there was the odd good game for the fans to enjoy.

It’s the nadir of Everton, rather than actually slumping into relegation they’ve regressed to being the most boring team in the footballing pyramid. The worst style of football, embarrassed by the top 6, barely a win away, dull formulaic wins over the bottom 13 at home, no last minute winners, no exciting games, just pure boredom.

It’s what the club has been threatening for a while and now it’s come to pass. The trends have all been there, longer and longer without an away derby win, longer and longer without any derby win, longer without an away win v top 6, now that’s passed to the home form too, now even just winning away is becoming a difficult task.

Just think that even Pardews West Brom won a cup tie at Anfield 3-1 that could have been 5.

Mindsets are so ingrained at Everton that only a sweep from top to bottom will cure it but we seem to say it every season and every season the trends get worse and worse.

Well said mate. We must be the most predictable team in the world, across all sports. There never seems to be any chance these days of a result that goes against expectations and the management and players just react accordingly and go through the motions.

It's actually gone beyond being boring, I could live with that if we could grind out a decent win now and then even, but no. It's insulting to the fans and they are just taking our support for granted.

Exactly as you say - this is the inevitable result of what happens when a 7th placed finish is seen as the holy grail no need for anyone to raise expectations any further.

What bothers me most at present is the realisation rival fans come to when we play their team - to a man and woman they all say they can't believe how dreadful we are with players that have no fight and can't even do the basics properly. It's humiliating.

Enough is enough.

Can't argue with that article. Since we are currently on 41 points with 5 left to play I could see us winning 2 of them and ending on 47 points, the exact same points total in the 2 failed Martinez seasons.

Yet in those Martinez seasons:

2014/15: Wolfsburg (H) - won 4-1, Wolfsburg (A) - won 2-0, Young Boys (A) - won 4-1, Man United (H) - won 3-0
2015/16: Got to 2 semi finals

This season has been one of the most disappointing in years, with no stand out games. That's not to try and make out the other 2 were any good as they were dire as well, but at least there was the odd good game for the fans to enjoy.
Very true. Your post prompted me to try and think of one game this season where I left the ground reasonably satisfied with a game of football, the only game that gets close is West Ham.
Dire return for over £500 rips of hope.

Very true. Your post prompted me to try and think of one game this season where I left the ground reasonably satisfied with a game of football, the only game that gets close is West Ham.
Dire return for over £500 rips of hope.

Hajduk Split at home was alright too but not amazing.

Like he's blaming the whole season on DCLs derby miss. King would go diwn well in here.

Not really,he’s just saying it was a missed opportunity and it was. DCL has been a decent player this year and will only get better, but he had the opportunity to do an Andy King and didn’t take it...and it probably does sum up this whole cretinous season.

I still find it hard to either believe or accept that somehow we have Sam Allardyce, Sam bleeding Allardyce, as our manager.........

Not really,he’s just saying it was a missed opportunity and it was. DCL has been a decent player this year and will only get better, but he had the opportunity to do an Andy King and didn’t take it...and it probably does sum up this whole cretinous season.

I still find it hard to either believe or accept that somehow we have Sam Allardyce, Sam bleeding Allardyce, as our manager.........

Imagine if we had a manager from a reality TV Show with no experience managing our football team hey Pete.

This season has been horrendous, and it easily our worst ever PL season, with the money we spent. i don't really remember the Wimbledon season but i do remember the Coventry one and had goal line tech existed then we would have been relegated as Bolton had a clear goal disallowed against us. i'm sure we put better performances in then this season

This season we have played well in two and half games, West Ham, Appo away and 1st half vs Split. The rest have been awful.
We have had no real bright sparks, DCL, Holgate and Davies have gone backwards with the terrible management, Lookman out on loan, Vlasic and Klassen can't get near the squad let alone the team.

We have a completely clueless manager that 100% of the fan base want out. We have a completely useless DOF, who excuse for not buying a striker was " last year we would of finished 7th with out Lukaku"
I felt a bit sorry for Koeman, although he did a bad job he repeated over and over and over we need a striker and left back and was let down totally by Walsh.

The club needs a new DOF and looks like we are getting one(Brands) and a new manager, which also look likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.