A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it has been god dam awful.

I remember last summer being full of optimism and even thinking to myself, wow we might actually do something this season. Then as we got into August i was very worried we seemed to be just throwing money anywhere and buying anyone who wanted us without any planning and not filling in vital areas such as Striker, Left back etc. I watched the pre season friendlies and was left quite unimpressed with each one. We had a few new very over priced players but no game plan and no balance.

Then the season started and with each passing game i was more and more underwhelmed. We were going backwards and looked awful. When they sacked Koeman, a tiny bit of excitement crept back but not for very long. The board grew even more desperate and incompetent by the week and i just knew that we would end up with a right muppet in charge of us and so it came to be.

The season started with excitement and optimism and finished with Sam Allardyce and us playing the poorest and most embarrassing and defensive football in decades.

Begs belief to go from and to such extremes but then we are Everton and as an Evertonian, you get well used to frustration and disappointment. I was about 27 when we last won a trophy and i am 50 now. So yeah, there has been plenty of disappointments but this season in particular has definitely been god dam awful.

Club needs a rebuild from top to bottom.

Last edited:

On reflection, as long as this is just a one season blip (which really should have never happened in the first place) and we’ve learnt from our mistakes and got rid of this dreadful short-termism then I am almost ok with this season.

If Moshiri finally acts like someone who knows what they’re doing and brings in modern and possibly European footballing people to build a true identity and style for the club then I can accept this season as a means to that end.

Undoubtedly not, as we`re an absolute mess.

However I think the majority would settle for :

Joined up footy.

Footy with a plan b.

A coherent transfer policy.

Signs that we were going in the right direction.

Shifting of deadwood, regardless of sentiment.
the ability to pass the ball to each other

Always suspected he's a red?
hes not as bad as Gavin Buckland, that guy cant be anymore a red if he tried.

A Few quotes, That Liverpool team wasn't there for the taking, it would finish 7th no problem. We should build a 50k stadium as we will struggle to fill it.

A complete nothing club that has given its fans absolutely nothing for years. Other fans of football clubs get highs and lows. We get absolutely nothing and live in a city with a team whose ‘lows’ would be some of our best achievements. Absolutely sick of this club. Over a quarter of my life spent waiting for this lot to do anything and they’ve mustered absolutely nothing. A Sunderland fan has had more good days following their team than we have.

A complete nothing club that has given its fans absolutely nothing for years. Other fans of football clubs get highs and lows. We get absolutely nothing and live in a city with a team whose ‘lows’ would be some of our best achievements. Absolutely sick of this club. Over a quarter of my life spent waiting for this lot to do anything and they’ve mustered absolutely nothing. A Sunderland fan has had more good days following their team than we have.

Not sure about that lol.

They're about to go through a double relegation and they've been in one League Cup Final in the last 25 years and lost it. Had a couple of 7th placed finishes years ago and not competed in Europe. What were their 'good' days?

Not sure about that lol.

They're about to go through a double relegation and they've been in one League Cup Final in the last 25 years and lost it. Had a couple of 7th placed finishes years ago and not competed in Europe. What were their 'good' days?

6 consecutive wins over their rivals. Yeah I’m not for a minute advocating a swap but my point is at least they’ve had a few moments of joy in amongst their misery. We’ve had nothing, not a second of bragging rights or limelight at all.

6 consecutive wins over their rivals. Yeah I’m not for a minute advocating a swap but my point is at least they’ve had a few moments of joy in amongst their misery. We’ve had nothing, not a second of bragging rights or limelight at all.

To be fair though, the misery they've been through has far outweighed ours. So although the derby wins were great for them at the time, the rest of their season is usually just constant misery which we don't have.

You say we've had nothing as well, and comparing ourselves to say even Spurs that is true. But we've still had seasons in Europe and have beaten some of the top sides at home. Man City 4-0 last season, beat Arsenal 3-0 under Martinez, and had a few trips to Wembley. Makes us sound very small time I know, but just using those examples to show that we have seen a few good things down the years that most other clubs won't have, and if they have - say Swansea, they've been poorer than us for the rest of the season. Or Leeds, Villa and Forest who used to be very big clubs and compete in the European Cup but are now down.

The derby record is the worst though. Can't think of many sets of fans who've had it as bad as us in that respect. Clubs like Espanyol and Torino but they have also seen their rival win the League regularly which we haven't for almost 30 years.

I'd take a season when I look at the fixture list and pick the games we are nailed on to lose.And for once be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.