5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see who could come out of the pack to challenge us in the top 7 even if we did stumble in the league because of Europa. I don't even believe in the Europa league impact anyway, it completely derails poor teams who enter in it like Swansea Wigan etc. but we've always performed well in the league when playing in it (that season with Martinez aside). We've actually used it at times to pick up our league form.

Well that United result looks like they're not going to finish with less than 70 points. 5th is out of the question, IMO. 6th is still possible I suppose but looks remote with Arsenals games in hand and us to go to them last day of the season.

IMO the last four games should be about giving the youngsters some game time.

Well that United result looks like they're not going to finish with less than 70 points. 5th is out of the question, IMO. 6th is still possible I suppose but looks remote with Arsenals games in hand and us to go to them last day of the season.

IMO the last four games should be about giving the youngsters some game time.

I agree Dave, though I wouldn't change too much against Chelsea just because of who it is and I'm assuming they will have a full strength side out.

Final 3 games I'd be happy with a fair few changes to be made though and give some minutes to Kenny, Pennington, Robinson, Walsh, Lookman and Dowell.

I agree Dave, though I wouldn't change too much against Chelsea just because of who it is and I'm assuming they will have a full strength side out.

Final 3 games I'd be happy with a fair few changes to be made though and give some minutes to Kenny, Pennington, Robinson, Walsh, Lookman and Dowell.

Yes, Chelsea is a matter of settling a score after Chelseageddon. We can test ourselves against the very best. But Swansea, Watford and Arsenal we should play those lads you mentioned.

I used to say that under Moyes and Martinez and it was never done. Can't understand it.

Yes, Chelsea is a matter of settling a score after Chelseageddon. We can test ourselves against the very best. But Swansea, Watford and Arsenal we should play those lads you mentioned.

I used to say that under Moyes and Martinez and it was never done. Can't understand it.

I think he's already played more of the youth than we would have ever imagined buy I can definitely see him giving Kenny, Pennington and Lookman more minutes and if like to think Walsh would be given some minutes. Maybe even having someone like Sambou on the bench instead of Kone.

we've definitely got some good options imo and if he does it now at least it will give him food for thought as to what signings we may need. I'd love Kenny to be given a chance as I think he could save us a pretty penny in the rb department and be great competition once Coleman returns.

I think he's already played more of the youth than we would have ever imagined buy I can definitely see him giving Kenny, Pennington and Lookman more minutes and if like to think Walsh would be given some minutes. Maybe even having someone like Sambou on the bench instead of Kone.

we've definitely got some good options imo and if he does it now at least it will give him food for thought as to what signings we may need. I'd love Kenny to be given a chance as I think he could save us a pretty penny in the rb department and be great competition once Coleman returns.
About time a Kenny established himself as a long time Everton player!

Cant see who could come out of the pack to challenge us in the top 7 even if we did stumble in the league because of Europa. I don't even believe in the Europa league impact anyway, it completely derails poor teams who enter in it like Swansea Wigan etc. but we've always performed well in the league when playing in it (that season with Martinez aside). We've actually used it at times to pick up our league form.
It's a fair point, but Leicester have a good first team squad and Stoke and Southampton can be competitive. It'd only take a small upswing in their fortunes and downswing in ours to make that a competitive sub group again.

Was hopeful it was going to be Billy Kenny mate :(

Heck.....I remember a time when I was hoping it would be Billy senior :(

He looked like making the breakthrough along with David Johnson, Micky Lyons, Mick Buckley and George Telfer circa 1971/72 :(

Nowt like the football for reminding a fellow he is on his way out and it is merely a matter of time, Mac :pint2:

Heck.....I remember a time when I was hoping it would be Billy senior :(

He looked like making the breakthrough along with David Johnson, Micky Lyons, Mick Buckley and George Telfer circa 1971/72 :(

Nowt like the football for reminding a fellow he is on his way out and it is merely a matter of time, Mac :pint2:

didn't know his dad was with us K. Still time for you to squeeze in a few more Everton trophies mate such as

7 league titles
6 fa cups
5 league cups
4 cl trophies
3 el trophies
2 charity shields
1 world club cup

well I've got that in mind just for the next 10 years mate lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.