5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
Obviously sitting in 5th right now is the peak moment of the season. Can we hold on to this or will it slip slightly?

United and Arsenal have three games in hand - regardless of their runs ins being worse than ours (not sure I'd say it's that more difficult, tbh). But I think most people will say 6th is possible but edging toward probably now. I'm not sure, I think it's still a probable 7th place finish.

I can see us getting 10 out of the last 15 points available. That'll set a decent total for Arsenal and United, but an achievable one. Any more than that and 6th comes into play defo; any less will defo see us finish 7th...which isn't a moot point as an early season start is required for the EL qualifier, and that can seriously affect a clean break between seasons.

IMG_4300.JPG

We can get 12-13 points and finish 5th/6th which sends us straight into the group stages unless Arsenal win the FA Cup (Tough ask as they'll have to get past one of Spurs or Chelsea). We're well capable of winning all of our remaining games except Chelsea at home.

The Arsenal players have thrown the towel in on Wenger so, assuming he stays to the end of the season, 6th is realistically possible assuming a win at the Emirates on the last day.

It isnt difficult to paint a scenario that might pan out.

Arsenal seemingly in freefall, relatively. Jose pretty much prioritising the EL, half of City's squad apparently heading off in the summer.

Its a billion miles from being nailed on, and I havnt a clue who everyone else has to play.

HT. Southampton 0 0 City.

Just saying.

We can get 12-13 points and finish 5th/6th which sends us straight into the group stages unless Arsenal win the FA Cup (Tough ask as they'll have to get past one of Spurs or Chelsea). We're well capable of winning all of our remaining games except Chelsea at home.
Arsenal away is likely to be our toughest fixture imo.

Chelsea is winnable given the effect Goodison can have in evening out differences in talent. Look at what happened last season in the QF.

We'll go unbeaten until the last game of the season and pick up a couple of costly draws along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.