5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we still have a chance for 6th, or even 5th this season if things go for us in a big way. To do this, though, we need to improve our away results dramatically. Four away wins all season and only one in 2017.

Lampard on MOTD there:

"Everton in 5th...unbeleivable".

Ha ha ha ha we've finished top five in half of the seasons of the last decade you thick cockney nobhead.

Frank text me and asked me to tell you that it's actually three times in the last ten years.
He mentioned something about maths plainly not being your strong point,as well as history, and also wasn't keen on your racial slur against cockneys !

Apart from that he sends his best wishes.

I wouldn't say it's as good as it gets because I do think the manger will be good, but I'd like to move on if we are 7th in a years time, otherwise there will be no difference between us WBA, actually it will be like the Moyes years and a ceiling placed if he lingers around and keeps us mid table.

It might be fruitful, but i don't wanna see it

Koeman at Feyenoord played with a target man, Feyenoord to this day play with a target man with no Koeman, some clubs have styles of play southampton's director of football made the signings for Koeman, he was over loaded with wingers where as at everton he is removing most of them (Lennon,Mcgready,Gerard D, plays Mirallas wide but also split striker)

Everton also played Lukaku as a target man under Roberto, koeman has adapted this and is now playing too lukaku's strengths.

He has shown he is flexible tactically, having a big target man in the pelle type could help us not only scoring headed goals more often but being able to hold up play and bring others in, we are linked with the perfect man for that who plays for Sociedad (Willian J), if we kept lukaku and he was his partner I am confident Lukaku could score even more goals.

Considering we had a terrible period before the new year, gave the RS the usual 6 points and blew it at OT, lost our most expensive and least expensive players to long injuries, we are doing remarkably well in Koemans first season. I agree with Davek about that Moyes inspired 'bottler' mindset, change that and we may just have a decent next season.....

Frank text me and asked me to tell you that it's actually three times in the last ten years.
He mentioned something about maths plainly not being your strong point,as well as history, and also wasn't keen on your racial slur against cockneys !

Apart from that he sends his best wishes.
City dwellers as races. Lol. I think that one's been demolished.

Maybe 3 in 10 and not 5 in 10 (soon to be 4 in 11 hopefully), but those along with top 6 finishes is enough of a presence near the top to warrant minimum amazement at Everton's current position.

Typical comment from a top four player: they only take notice of what team can take a PL title from them.

10 points sounds about right, Dave. Beat WHU, Swansea and Watford. Draw at home to Chelsea and get beat away by Arsenal.

Agree that will probably yield 7th as well. Hopefully not and between United's euro trip and Arsenal's current form we can get 5th or 6th but just doubt it. Being honest, 7th is probably what we deserve.

It's a massive shame, if we'd have got out of the October- December rut even like 2 weeks earlier we'd have been in with a really good chance. But alas you've just got to look at the positives, Goodson is a fortress again, young players making an impact, Barkley showing consistency and Schneiderlin looking a great signing. Really need to invest in the squad to kick on next season as well as cope with Europe.

Koeman at Feyenoord played with a target man, Feyenoord to this day play with a target man with no Koeman, some clubs have styles of play southampton's director of football made the signings for Koeman, he was over loaded with wingers where as at everton he is removing most of them (Lennon,Mcgready,Gerard D, plays Mirallas wide but also split striker)

Everton also played Lukaku as a target man under Roberto, koeman has adapted this and is now playing too lukaku's strengths.

He has shown he is flexible tactically, having a big target man in the pelle type could help us not only scoring headed goals more often but being able to hold up play and bring others in, we are linked with the perfect man for that who plays for Sociedad (Willian J), if we kept lukaku and he was his partner I am confident Lukaku could score even more goals.

As I said,it could be fruitful but I wouldn't be a fan of any increase in long balls if that's what it would entail. Watched Willian Jose at the game yesterday. Strong and reasonably quick with a good touch and shields the ball well. Decent passer, but wasted some good chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.