2019/20 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Martina is deserving for a bit more respect considering that he has played out of position a number of times. It's not easy for any professional to play in different positions at short notice.

Martina's return may provide us cover for centre-half until the end of season.

I think Martina is deserving for a bit more respect considering that he has played out of position a number of times. It's not easy for any professional to play in different positions at short notice.

LOL.

He ended up third choice right back at the mighty Stoke City.

Got binned off mid season to Feyenood and ended up not even getting in their squad there before they very kindly sent him back.

He`s one of the luckiest men on the planet, getting paid over a million a year, when the reality is that he should`ve been getting League 2 wages at best.

All things considered, I`m pretty sure he`s very happy with his lot.

LOL.

He ended up third choice right back at the mighty Stoke City.

Got binned off mid season to Feyenood and ended up not even getting in their squad there before they very kindly sent him back.

He`s one of the luckiest men on the planet, getting paid over a million a year, when the reality is that he should`ve been getting League 2 wages at best.

All things considered, I`m pretty sure he`s very happy with his lot.

Martina was always going to be a defensive cover rather than an out and out first choice player for the first team. How could he displace Coleman?

Martina was a Koeman's signing so he must have seen something in him considering he managed him during his Southampton days. His defensive failings was not significantly worse than the man he covered for.

Whether you view him as lucky to be a premiership footballer is a matter of opinion. He has done his job for Everton under difficult conditions.

He wasn't asked to be a striker, a right fullback was asked solely to play left back. That's it. And "short notice"? He was there for about 3 months and was beyond the worst footballer on the pitch every single match.

If I was going to be a professional footballer and was looking for an agent, then I'd be employing whoever Martina's agent is. Getting him in at Soton for two years, and then three years here is the work of a genius.

Martina was always going to be a defensive cover rather than an out and out first choice player for the first team. How could he displace Coleman?

Martina was a Koeman's signing so he must have seen something in him considering he managed him during his Southampton days. His defensive failings was not significantly worse than the man he covered for.

Whether you view him as lucky to be a premiership footballer is a matter of opinion. He has done his job for Everton under difficult conditions.

He put a shirt on, ran around a bit and picked his money up at the end of the month.

Koeman was proved to be a very bad manager for us and his overall player recruitment was a disaster for which we are still paying and trying to sort out.

Martina will easily make the top 3 worst players to ever play for Everton and that really takes some doing.

He wasn't asked to be a striker, a right fullback was asked solely to play left back. That's it. And "short notice"? He was there for about 3 months and was beyond the worst footballer on the pitch every single match.

Who said he was asked to play striker? That's plain silly argument.

It's not easy for a right full back to play left back and vice versa.

Who said he was asked to play striker? That's plain silly argument.

It's not easy for a right full back to play left back and vice versa.
And, yet, when Coleman was asked to do it last year a couple of times he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. It's not rocket science, it's not a position he should be that unfamiliar with.

And, yet, when Coleman was asked to do it last year a couple of times he wasn't the worst player on the pitch. It's not rocket science, it's not a position he should be that unfamiliar with.
Coleman is the worst player on the pitch in 95% of other scenarios though

Status
Not open for further replies.