2005 Tony Hibbert - Best right back in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember one time, Merseyside derby, probably around 2005 or something, it was last minute and the ball dropped to him edge of the box with a clear shot on goal with no defenders anywhere near him. Didn't even work the goalkeeper.

In fact, can anybody remember a time when a goalkeeper had to pull off an above-average save to prevent him from scoring? I understand scoring goals is not a crucial part of a full back's game, but to have such a pathetic scoring/assist record over 300-odd games says it all.

For people to come out with "yeah but he was good in one on ones" and "he was boss at slide tackling" really shows how limited he was.

He was a Sunday league player got lucky, and one who was stinking the place out for years and years before he finally decided to retire.

I remember one time, Merseyside derby, probably around 2005 or something, it was last minute and the ball dropped to him edge of the box with a clear shot on goal with no defenders anywhere near him. Didn't even work the goalkeeper.

In fact, can anybody remember a time when a goalkeeper had to pull off an above-average save to prevent him from scoring? I understand scoring goals is not a crucial part of a full back's game, but to have such a pathetic scoring/assist record over 300-odd games says it all.

For people to come out with "yeah but he was good in one on ones" and "he was boss at slide tackling" really shows how limited he was.

He was a Sunday league player got lucky, and one who was stinking the place out for years and years before he finally decided to retire.
And then his missus had a rant at the club,about the way he had been treated, couldn't make it up.

And then his missus had a rant at the club,about the way he had been treated, couldn't make it up.
Yeah, haha, unreal! Thought the club was obligated to continue allowing him to steal 40k a week off them.

Chose to play his worst game in the FA Cup final in 2009.

He wouldn`t be a Premier League player today.
Rumour has it he still suffers nightmares whenever somebody has mentioned Florent Malouda in a recent conversation. As Alan Pardew would say, Malouda absolutely raped him that day.

I remember him taking a half volley from outside the box that came off the post with the keeper rooted. Can’t remember who against.

I’m not saying he was a world class player, but to say he was Sunday league is a huge disservice to his defensive capabilities. We weren’t exactly a free scoring, ball moving team at any point of the time he was here.

Tbf to him, he should have at least been told he was being let go.

Poor form that from Everton

Wasn’t that to do with the fact that no one spoke to him about it. If I’d been somewhere for my whole career, I’d expect a conversation about it to say goodbye etc. Not to find out by a statement on the website or a text or however it was done.

I remember him taking a half volley from outside the box that came off the post with the keeper rooted. Can’t remember who against.

I’m not saying he was a world class player, but to say he was Sunday league is a huge disservice to his defensive capabilities. We weren’t exactly a free scoring, ball moving team at any point of the time he was here.
pmsl seriously? Must have mis-hit it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.