2005 Tony Hibbert - Best right back in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An absolute liability his whole career. Literally most half decent Sunday league footballers could have done as good a job as Hibbert done. He should be thankful every day that he was allowed be to made a millionaire after being such an extremely limited football player.

To be the best you need to at least master the basics of your profession - he could not pass ball so not sure he was ever great. He was committed and brilliant defensively in one on one situations however only being able to play hoof ball demonstrated his limitations.

Always gave 100%, OK question his ability but not his attitude. If he wasn't good enough then point your finger at the managers who selected him.
I don't hand out kudos for running a bit when your being made a millionaire on the back of it, footballers who are scared of having the ball are poisonous to success, he's a very very lucky man, fair play I hope he enjoys it, and far nastier people will end up loaded than him, but I won't be pretending he's a hero on the back of it, that much I won't do

I don't hand out kudos for running a bit when your being made a millionaire on the back of it, footballers who are scared of having the ball are poisonous to success, he's a very very lucky man, fair play I hope he enjoys it, and far nastier people will end up loaded than him, but I won't be pretending he's a hero on the back of it, that much I won't do
I'm not disputing your opinion and neither am I defending him but I have a golden rule regarding footballers and criticism. If he has ability and chooses not to try then boo him out of our club, if his ability is limited but he gives 100% then boo the manager for picking him and giving him a contract .

I'm not disputing your opinion and neither am I defending him but I have a golden rule regarding footballers and criticism. If he has ability and chooses not to try then boo him out of our club, if his ability is limited but he gives 100% then boo the manager for picking him and giving him a contract .
I've never booed anyone as its only a game of footy, but I don't sycophantically laud anyone just because they play for us, I like watching good footballers play, not yard dogs, so I hold little or no affection for the likes of hibbert

332 games, 0 goals, 9 assists are shocking stats, so why do I still find that I kind of liked Hibbert. I guess it does come down to effort and he was decent at the defensive part of his role, I think he was fortunate to be playing at a time when Full Backs where not necessarily expected to offer the same attacking option that they are now.

Tony Hibbert in his younger days was a good defender.

He just was.
He was on the verge of England call up until he came back of holiday with a mystery virus - out for ages a good solid right back with height could have been a great centre back too - just kept on like other players far too long....three year deal played 45 minutes....

An absolute liability his whole career. Literally most half decent Sunday league footballers could have done as good a job as Hibbert done. He should be thankful every day that he was allowed be to made a millionaire after being such an extremely limited football player.

Absolute nonsense.

Anyone remember him ever taking less than 30 seconds to take a throw in? No me neither

Status
Not open for further replies.