Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at Liverpool with Matip, who is similar with injuries. And they have managed his games perfectly. I sense we need to do that with Mina.

As for the CBs, I honestly think it will be the 1st one we get a bid for. They are all imperfect for different reasons. I wonder if Godfrey may get a big from Newcastle.

I actually really like Godfrey mate, I think that COVID really wrecked knocked him back, not looked the same player post it.

The drop off might just bring him into our price point too.

I think if the new owners of Chelsea get passed then there's a good chance we could get him actually.

At Christmas the hype on him was getting stories about really big European teams having interest in him, that all faded away by the end of the season - and Tuchels comments about the future of him and Broja didn't exactly strike of someone whose already looking at how they'll be a part of the team, was very low key, well look at them like any returning player and what happens with the current embargo on signing and if it remains will have an impact on the decisions we make, or words similar

It was three games which were at home to Chelsea, at home to Man Utd and away to Tottenham.

For context Frank has had two games this season with no shots on target against Southampton away and Tottenham away.

Allardyce had an ageing drunk Rooney who played as a defensive mid, niasse, Tosun, Sandro and a young dcl and finished 8th.

So what your saying here is that you want to replace Frank with gravy train Allardyce!!!!!

Jesus Christ!!! stick to your day job mate :pint2:

You do realise all the players we sign we do have to actually pay a wage as well don’t you?

We lose £100m every single year, we need to stop doing that. It’s delusional to think we can just carry on pissing money down the drain without eventually incurring punishments.
This is why i stated were clearing £500k a week off the wage bill.
We need to sell players Zat because most of our squad has shown to be not very good.
Of course, im just saying its not some kind of armageddon moment as people are claiming.
You sure about this?
Yes its all in the numbers.
Now got that annoying & arrogant American on ignore. He literally ruins every thread he posts in, absolutely relentless
lol that made me chuckle ;)
Last three losses are:

£111m in 2018-19
£139.9m in 2019-20.
£121m 20/21

19/20 & 20/21 are averaged, less the Covid costs - which appear to be accepted. If you take into account 17/18, our losses seem to be accepted at 80 odd million this year, over the last three years. So essentially ground zero.

We add 21/22 next. I estimate we made a transfer profit of 6 mill in 21/22. It will come down to how much we have reduced costs, our wage bill, ammortisation, our squad has reduced from 30+ to about 25. Be tight, but think it may be comparable to 17/18 - we knew what we had to do. Then factoring in if we capitalise infrastructure costs like you say.
Do you think (as I do) that it would be 2 more seasons at a 'roughly' breakeven transfer spend before the floodgates open in tandem with the stadium?
Interesting thing about Gallacher not seen mentioned is that his form second half of the season really fell off in terms of end production.

First 18 games, 7 goals, 3 assists. Last 16 games 1 goal no assists (didn't produce an assist or goal the last 12 games either)

Season before scored 2 in 7 start of the season for west Brom then nothing in the next 23 games.

Season before that in the championship 6 in 17 then nothing in the next 28.

I doubt Chelsea aren't noticing the way he tails off in terms of production - maybe shows whilst talented he's not yet the full package in terms of what they'd be looking for in production from cm
He looks like a top box to box player in the making but a couple of seasons away from hitting the next level.
Villa going for Bissouma too what a sideways move for him that would be he should wait for a CL club. Villa are splashing it around they will probably be in debt up to their ears like us in a few years.
Only a year on his deal after getting Kamara on a free. Thats impressive business and those two are no joke.

Floodgates should never open again mate. Recruitment should be limited and targeted in my view to a stratgic vision and goal in my view, 2 to 3 a season max. I think we focus on keeping the costs down, till year 2 in the new ground. I think we thread water from here, perhaps the slightest of improv,emits as we had a woefully unlucky year on top of being brutal for much of the season.

I think in general football fans over egg transfers, yeah resources and transfers help, it’s only part of it though, it needs to be progressive and incremental, to much change is a bad thing as we sadly learned - unless your just blatenly buying trophies like Chelsea and City did and these days that’s multiple billions and prob wouldn't work because of the regulations.

As it stands, I can't see us willing to part with either permanently before Tuchel has had a look at least. I do think Colwill is likely to be loaned out on account of his age however - especially if we're able to get two CBs in quickly. Gallagher is a bit more tricky, we've got at least 4 guys who played a decent number of minutes in his position this season - he's not guaranteed minutes by any means and yet I think it's time he gets a chance with the first team squad if he does envision himself as a long term Chelsea player. The fees and/or buyback strategy has been employed in recent years with Tammy, Livramento, Guehi, Tomori, and pretty much all of them are having good seasons which is leading to flak for the board from the fanbase. Makes me think a high profile departure of Gallagher or Colwill(position of importance) might rub everyone the wrong way. If I was to guess - I'd say a loan for Colwill is the most likely outcome.

As for Gilmour and Ampadu, I think there's a bit of a difference in the outlook for both cases. Ampadu has had two relatively unsuccessful loan spells in a row now and his stock seems to have dipped quite heavily. He's still very young but I can't see him staying with the squad next season and I'm guessing he could be bought for the right price or for cheap with a buyback clause. Gilmour only has a year left on his contract so I reckon it might depend on what he wants for himself this season and it would probably depend on how preseason and the summer shapes up.. A lot of Chelsea fans still think he would do well given the right opportunity in the right system and want him to get more chances but Tuchel didn't seem that hot on him and that might be telling in the end.

As for other players, there's a kid called Charlie Webster who plays as a CM in the u18s and u23s and he's had a cracking season at the age groups. He's more of a creative mid from what I've seen (drives with the ball and got an eye for a pass) but I'm interested to see where he goes. If you do end up looking for a forward, then Broja would be an obvious interest I reckon.

Seen a bit of discussion about Gilmour here. My opinion on him: He's clearly got a bit about him in terms of pass appreciation and dictating tempo as well as moving the ball quickly. However, he's not got much of a shot on him, doesn't drive past players (beyond a feint here and there) and has limited ability in terms of dribbling in and around the final third. All of these attributes led me to believe his best position is at the base of a midfield 3 (a la Jorginho) but he really is quite slight and Jorginho is better at what he does albeit a bit slower at recovery and worse at defending 1v1. I personally want a more complete midfielder or I'd like for him to develop his reading of the game defensively more like Jorginho. His speed of thought and passing ability is what Everton might want but really I see Allan with a lot of the same characteristics and he doesn't seem in much favour on this forum..

Thanks for that. I think the Lampard and Chelsea factor wont just be a lazy one this summer.

Colwill, Gilmour, Gallagher, Broja have all been rumoured over the seaaon and of course we're only allowed one player loan per club. So we could loan one but would need to purchase any others...

...which may be where 'low' fees come in with buybacks.

Im sure the management team will know Webster and the young ones coming through. Its going to be interesting to see which direction you go in now with the new owners....certainly makes more sense to keep a conveyor belt of talent coming through than not.

Gilmour looks a deep lying playmaker to me, not the central midfield role hes used in for Norwich. He has to roam from deep and dictate play. Looks like he has the snide but has to improve defensive positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.