Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I’d welcome him back with open arms
200.gif

The problem is that when arriving at that £85 million ( if it’s remotely correct ) it included the year ending 31/5/18 which reported a loss of £13.07 million ( a profit of £87.8 million from player trading was achieved) In effect when all the deductibles were added back in FFP terms I would suspect that you were in credit for that year. That number will now drop out of the equation

So you have the 18/19 loss of £107 million, the average 19/20&20/21 loss of £130 million and of course the number whatever that is for 21/22 I am interested you think it will show a profit I don’t want to even guess as to where the numbers will go but think it will be a real challenge to break even let alone make a profit but of course the new stadium costs will be properly factored in

Last three losses are:

£111m in 2018-19
£139.9m in 2019-20.
£121m 20/21

19/20 & 20/21 are averaged, less the Covid costs - which appear to be accepted. If you take into account 17/18, our losses seem to be accepted at 80 odd million this year, over the last three years. So essentially ground zero.

We add 21/22 next. I estimate we made a transfer profit of 6 mill in 21/22. It will come down to how much we have reduced costs, our wage bill, ammortisation, our squad has reduced from 30+ to about 25. Be tight, but think it may be comparable to 17/18 - we knew what we had to do. Then factoring in if we capitalise infrastructure costs like you say.

Last edited:

Interesting thing about Gallacher not seen mentioned is that his form second half of the season really fell off in terms of end production.

First 18 games, 7 goals, 3 assists. Last 16 games 1 goal no assists (didn't produce an assist or goal the last 12 games either)

Season before scored 2 in 7 start of the season for west Brom then nothing in the next 23 games.

Season before that in the championship 6 in 17 then nothing in the next 28.

I doubt Chelsea aren't noticing the way he tails off in terms of production - maybe shows whilst talented he's not yet the full package in terms of what they'd be looking for in production from cm

I have no idea how we will play or whom Fronk has deemed unworthy.

I have 1 wish this transfer window, no more injury prone crocks, unless they are 1 of the best players in world football, like Hamez.
I’m disappointed. I wanted names only so I could retort with, “We won’t be signing any of them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.