Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean home to Man U and home to chelsea ? The same two clubs which we have just beat ?
This is probably the worst Man Utd team ever and we scraped past them with a deflected goal

The Man Utd side allardyce faced finished 2nd in the league that season

The Chelsea win was hardly convincing either. Azpilicueta made a mistake and gifted us a goal and then Pickford had to pull off about 3 wonder saves to keep us in it in a game that most fans had labelled a “must win” in our battle to avoid relegation. The fans got that team past the finishing line. When we drew 0-0 at home to Chelsea under allardyce it was our sixth game without defeat. Do you know our longest unbeaten streak under Lampard is 3 games.

For me this isn’t an argument over who is the better manager. I’m here to dispell the false propaganda spread about allardyce and to make people acknowledge the fact that he did a decent job for us in his short stint.

So what your saying here is that you want to replace Frank with gravy train Allardyce!!!!!

Jesus Christ!!! stick to your day job mate :pint2:
No that isn’t what I’m saying

However given your hatred towards allardyce why have you failed to acknowledge the fact that under Lampard we didn’t even have a single shot on target against a side who finished 15th in the league with 1 more point than us or the fact we failed to score past a side with the worst home record in all of Europe that played their reserves?

This is probably the worst Man Utd team ever and we scraped past them with a deflected goal

The Man Utd side allardyce faced finished 2nd in the league that season

The Chelsea win was hardly convincing either. Azpilicueta made a mistake and gifted us a goal and then Pickford had to pull off about 3 wonder saves to keep us in it in a game that most fans had labelled a “must win” in our battle to avoid relegation. When we drew 0-0 at home to Chelsea under allardyce it was our sixth game without defeat. Do you know our longest unbeaten streak under Lampard is 3 games.

For me this isn’t an argument over who is the better manager. I’m here to dispell the false propaganda spread about allardyce and to make people acknowledge the fact that he did a decent job for us in his short stint.
Big Sam got a raw deal Spud.

He wasnt sacked for footballing reasons, he was sacked cos he was Big Sam, let it go blud, hes gone now.

Gerrard is getting away with murder too. 14th place, having been there most of last season too. Smith came 11th the previous season.

Not an awful lot of criticism of him either.
You can take the man out of the RS etc etc

Floodgates should never open again mate. Recruitment should be limited and targeted in my view to a stratgic vision and goal in my view, 2 to 3 a season max. I think we focus on keeping the costs down, till year 2 in the new ground. I think we thread water from here, perhaps the slightest of improv,emits as we had a woefully unlucky year on top of being brutal for much of the season.

I think in general football fans over egg transfers, yeah resources and transfers help, it’s only part of it though, it needs to be progressive and incremental, to much change is a bad thing as we sadly learned - unless your just blatenly buying trophies like Chelsea and City did and these days that’s multiple billions and prob wouldn't work because of the regulations.
The money is "monopoly money" -- Moshiri.

I dont think the limited and targeted recruitment comment is wrong though. A CB, DM and CM incoming if we were to keep the main players...could see a huge improvement.

In some ways id favour this rather than a mass turnaround. Three new players a season is sensible but with a new DOF/Manager they may want to be dramatic for 2 seasons and then ease into that approach.

I see it as more logical though rather than affected by costs.

However given your hatred towards allardyce why have you failed to acknowledge the fact that under Lampard we didn’t even have a single shot on target against a side who finished 15th in the league with 1 more point than us or the fact we failed to score past a side with the worst home record in all of Europe that played their reserves?

Sorry spud, but I don't hate anybody!

But just to put this to bed, don't you think you should give Frank a bit more time and money to see what he can do? Fat Sam spent 50 million, Frank came in on the last day of the transfer window and I believe the only transfer he had input on was Dele.

Still think there is a player in there with Dele, so lets see what can be done in the close season window, in my opinion we need an experienced CB ( Tarkowski is a good signing for three years as it would cost more than 15 million transfer fee plus wages to bring someone else in similar).

Then it depends on who leaves, if its Dom, its the lad from Chelsea who spent the season at Southampton Broja?, if Allan, Gomez, Delph and Davies go we will need three to replace plus a youngster, your thoughts here?

Personally I though Gallagher was excellent until mid season and went off the boil a bit, Gilmour I don't rate whatsoever, was woeful in a woeful Norwich team, would have loved Sangare, watched him quite a bit in the French league (we get live games in that league in Oz)

Cheers

Okay so the players that should be heading through those exit doors...

Gomes
S*g****s*n
El Ghazi
Donny
Holgate (arguably could stay as a squad player but isn't good enough)
Kenny
Tosun
Kean
Gbamin
Keane
Lonergan
Davies
Allan (only because I think he wants to go)
Delph (wouldn't mind keeping him but don't think he's worth it with his injury record)
Rondon

Only if we REALLY NEED the money (one not both though):

Richy ? (Would kill me inside but can see him leaving and if so let's get top dollar for him. Possibly Real Madrid as Carlo liked him)
DCL

Okay so the players that should be heading through those exit doors...

Gomes
S*g****s*n
El Ghazi
Donny
Holgate (arguably could stay as a squad player but isn't good enough)
Kenny
Tosun
Kean
Gbamin
Keane
Lonergan
Davies
Allan (only because I think he wants to go)
Delph (wouldn't mind keeping him but don't think he's worth it with his injury record)
Rondon

Only if we REALLY NEED the money (one not both though):

Richy ? (Would kill me inside but can see him leaving and if so let's get top dollar for him. Possibly Real Madrid as Carlo liked him)
DCL
Gomes (GK safest place)
Kenny Keane Holgate Delph
Gbamin
El Ghazi Davies Kean
Tosun Rondon​
Frightening eleven that, laughing to one side having that much bad luck and lack of application in the squad. No wonder what bits of class in the side looked knackered, they were carrying the side because the second eleven simply isnt there. Harsh on El Ghazi as he never got a run, cant blame Gbamin for the injuries (how he limped through the medical I'll never know)

Who isn't acknowledging it? He isn't perfect. They were poor games, but he deserves time to build a squad here considering all of the good he has managed to do in such a short time.

If Mina plays 19 league games next season then leaves on a free, it may be more beneficial to us than selling for £10mil. He only started 13 games last season but if we improve the defence then he can be used more sparingly rather than rushed back.

I think Holgate/Godfrey are a decent duo to have to compete with one another and also both can play a few positions.
I know recent history suggests otherwise, but as Mina has a full summer off, and then an extended holiday during the World Cup, he may have a relatively injury free season.

It's still debatable if we can turn down a circa 10m fee and 6m wages saving for him.
Iwobi is a leader in chances nearly created
Sounds a lot like Idea Balls to me.
Villa going for Bissouma too what a sideways move for him that would be he should wait for a CL club. Villa are splashing it around they will probably be in debt up to their ears like us in a few years.
They were, getting 100m for that jumped up little skidmark Grealish helped them get back on track.

I know recent history suggests otherwise, but as Mina has a full summer off, and then an extended holiday during the World Cup, he may have a relatively injury free season.

It's still debatable if we can turn down a circa 10m fee and 6m wages saving for him.

Sounds a lot like Idea Balls to me.

They were, getting 100m for that jumped up little skidmark Grealish helped them get back on track.

If we can sell Keane for £10mil and bring in Tarkowski as his replacement thats great.

If someone then pops up with £10mil+ for Mina and we can leverage that to get Colwill on loan with an option OR as his downpayment....do the deal.

If Mina stays then all good also.

If we can sell Keane for £10mil and bring in Tarkowski as his replacement thats great.

If someone then pops up with £10mil+ for Mina and we can leverage that to get Colwill on loan with an option OR as his downpayment....do the deal.

If Mina stays then all good also.

…as usual, Zat, you make it sound so easy.

Even if we were offered £40m for Keane and Mina, its very unlikely either will want to leave. Mina can see out his big bucks contract and leave on a lucrative Bosman next summer, whilst I can’t see anybody coming close to matching Keane’s salary which still has years to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.