Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about anyone else but, my nerves are shredded.

We need to just focus on our own fixtures but I can’t help looking at Burnley and Leeds.
I have a horrible feeling Burnley are going to keep winning. I think they will beat Villa home and away and beat Newcastle at home on the last day, giving them 43 points.

Leeds have much tougher games on paper, away at Arsenal, home to Chelsea, home to Brighton and away at Brentford. I can see them getting 6 points out of that, putting them on 40 points.

So in my head we need 8 points from these final 5 games or we need 7 points and not to get battered and we can stay up on goal difference. The stress of That would probably kill me though.

We need to just focus on our own fixtures but I can’t help looking at Burnley and Leeds.
I have a horrible feeling Burnley are going to keep winning. I think they will beat Villa home and away and beat Newcastle at home on the last day, giving them 43 points.

Leeds have much tougher games on paper, away at Arsenal, home to Chelsea, home to Brighton and away at Brentford. I can see them getting 6 points out of that, putting them on 40 points.

So in my head we need 8 points from these final 5 games or we need 7 points and not to get battered and we can stay up on goal difference. The stress of That would probably kill me though.

I think they will get four points, max.

I can’t see them winning even one of those games so two points is really the most they will get IMO.

Sunday Wednesday Sunday Thursday Sunday

You know what looking at that I can see him bringing Mina out for a rest somewhere which would worry me. Got to play for me.

Another thing, I can see Watford sacking Hodgson this weekend when they are confirmed down and probably having a caretaker in charge for our game. Hopefully they don’t get same reaction as Burnley have

Burnley lost their first game under the caretaker management team….at Norwich.

Let’s hope Watford do the same ;)

Would love to sleep tonight and wake up to the final league table

Feeling a bit more hopeful, but still lots up in the air. It's our games where we are expected to win which have let us down this season, so nothing is for granted here. Looking at what's left it's still very tight, but if we don't get 7 points from the next 3 games we don't deserve to keep our premier League status. Leeds are playing the teams fighting over the top 4 places.

Game by game from here...

Think we'll scrap to a draw at Leicester, can see Burnley drawing with villa. Arsenal should beat Leeds on current form

Burnley pl35 pt35
Leeds pl35 pt 34
Ev pl34 pt33

Next up, I fancy us to get the points at already relegated Watford. The relationship between the fans and players is plummeting. No playing for pride there. Chelsea Leeds is a tough call, they will have spurs and arsenal breathing down their necks (who play eachother the next day) and will need a result so going for a Chelsea win. Takes us to

Ev pl35 pt36
Burnley pl35 pt35
Leeds pl36 pt34

15th may could be a great day. Leeds and Burnley face really tough games. Leeds have Brighton who seem to be hitting form again. Burnley away to spurs. Leeds might nick a point but no chance for Burnley. Everton must win at home against Brentford.. repeat of the cup game please.

Ev pl36 pt 39
Burnley pl36 pt 35
Leeds pl 37 pt35

That would make us safe. Think we'll then go on to beat palace once the pressure is off. Burnley to beat villa at home to secure safety

Going into the final day

Ev pl37 pt42
Burnley pl37 pt 38
Leeds pl37 pt35

Leeds go down.
Just like that Cooperman???

Why can’t our fans be like that every game?! If they were we wouldn’t be in this mess!

As Tuchel said yesterday: we were like a twelfth man and any team in world football would have found it hard to get a result at Goodison.

Our fans have been brilliant for most of Frank’s home games actually, which is one of the reasons why our home form is excellent under Frank - in relative terms anyway. We have beaten the champions of Europe, beaten Man Utd and of course we were robbed of a point against the champions of England etc.

Leicester fan here in peace
Just want to say hope you survive this season and send that horrible club Leeds utd down
I've got massive respect for your fans
Remembering the first season we came up we played you first game of the season ,fantastic fans great banter I met in the pub
We had the 'great escape' that season
Has we us foxes fans said that season
Keep the faith
Good luck...
Leicester are a classy club with a classy fan base and like all Evertonians I wish them well. Except on Sunday!!

One team looking over their shoulder could be Southampton only 3 left Brentford and Leicester away and loveable reds at home. They could end on 40 probably enough but you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.