Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see worst case scenario 7 points for both Leeds and Burnley but that's very unlikely.

But we will also drop points.

9 points for us would do it I think. Perhaps 8. We need to take something at Leicester. If Leeds lose and we pick up a point it will have been a good weekend.
Ideally we get 9 pts, Burnley and Leeds 7 while Southampton lose all and are relegated.

I think they could struggle to win one of their remaining four.

Arsenal away- going for top 4 and Spurs will win some games so seems like a probable defeat.

Chelsea home- difficult to call. No idea who's idea was to place that 3 days before cup final but means no chance Chelsea will put out their strongest 11. Still with all the history will be lively so I'll go for a draw.

Brighton home- Obviously the game they'll go all in for the three points. As shown yesterday Brighton are a decent team and have picked up some great away wins so with freedom they'll create chances so that's nowhere near a gimme like Norwich at home would be.

Brentford away- Nothing to play for but in incredible form and the chance to relegate Leeds would certainly motivate them.

I actually think there's a decent chance they'll only be on 35-36 points going into final game so surely could at least get close to them and take it to final day whereas I think now Burnley with their momentum are over the hill and gone so no point really looking at their games much.

Arsenal away is the same game we are all dreading and they will face a similar challenge.

Chelsea will be hard to beat

Brighton have the 4th best away record in the league

Brentford may be pulled into this, if they lose to us they may be fighting with Leeds to stay in the league. and could be fighting with Leeds to see who goes down. , They also play saints , who only have 3 games left and with one being Brentford and they others being the RS and Leicester away. They can also be pulled in.

If we can get 9 points from our last 5 I think we will stay up, with Leeds , Brentford , saints all having to play either us or each other , they can’t all win.

We really need chelsea and Arsenal to beat Leeds and we will have a very good chance if we manage to perform well for the next 4-5 games.

We play like we did against Chelsea then we won’t be relegated, it’s that simple. Mina being back is the key to it and pray Richy doesn’t get any kind of ban. The players proved they are capable of it today and yes Pickford pulled off a couple of worldies but we should have buried two other chances. We have to get points from the away games though, I don’t think we’re going to win all three home games with the amount of bad luck we have.

I said 4 wins from 6.

Now 3 from 5. 41 surely keeps us up. Might even drag Southampton in. But that’s mega clutching of straws.

Arsenal away is the same game we are all dreading and they will face a similar challenge.

Chelsea will be hard to beat

Brighton have the 4th best away record in the league

Brentford may be pulled into this, if they lose to us they may be fighting with Leeds to stay in the league. and could be fighting with Leeds to see who goes down. , They also play saints , who only have 3 games left and with one being Brentford and they others being the RS and Leicester away. They can also be pulled in.

If we can get 9 points from our last 5 I think we will stay up, with Leeds , Brentford , saints all having to play either us or each other , they can’t all win.

We really need chelsea and Arsenal to beat Leeds and we will have a very good chance if we manage to perform well for the next 4-5 games.
Big ask that but think you are right. 41 points has to be the target. I can also see a world where if Burnley fail to win their next game (Villa home) they lose their next two meaning 38/39 might be enough. Feel Leeds have one big performance left in them.

The more I think about it the more I feel the Leicester game is one we need to win. It is going to get really tough after Leicester with the games coming thick and fast. We could run out of steam

I have said it before. It’s the hope that kills me. The fact that we are not dead and buried means we are still in this. We still have a chance.

We are looking better as a team. Mina makes a massive difference at the back. Lampard has tweaked His tactics. He needs to find a way to get results away from home, but the performance over th3 last two have given me hope that we can.

The key thing here is that we actually carry that momentum into the next game. That is something we have really struggled to do

Southampton have only 3 games left and could lose them all easily. We need to get to 40 points I think. If we can, that’s 2 wins 2 draws from 5, it would add another team to the list that could go down instead of us. Surely we can manage 2 wins at home and 2 draws away from home against the teams we have left. After yesterday I have a glimmer of optimism but it’s very fragile.

amazing value bet. good call mate

Just looking at their fixtures , if they get beat by Brentford , they will have the rs next if the beat Brentford , then Brentford game for us is massive as we can catch them and they also play Leeds on the last game . They play United away today , a defeat there really starts to put them under pressure as they have 3 teams left to play around them , us Leeds and saints

If the tails are up after the last couple of games, I include the Derby in that as well, we should kick on. I was hoping the utd game was going to be the turning point but not meant to be.
Things are definitely going in the right direction. The organisation defensively is miles better than before

Just looking at the table now and there’s still a chance Southampton could get dragged into this. They’re 8 points in front of us but they’ve only got 3 games left- away at Brentford and Leicester and home to Liverpool. Not inconceivable they could lose all 3. The more teams involved in the mix the better!

Even villa , they have burnley twice and then city and the rs in their last 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.