Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling a bit more hopeful, but still lots up in the air. It's our games where we are expected to win which have let us down this season, so nothing is for granted here. Looking at what's left it's still very tight, but if we don't get 7 points from the next 3 games we don't deserve to keep our premier League status. Leeds are playing the teams fighting over the top 4 places.

Game by game from here...

Think we'll scrap to a draw at Leicester, can see Burnley drawing with villa. Arsenal should beat Leeds on current form

Burnley pl35 pt35
Leeds pl35 pt 34
Ev pl34 pt33

Next up, I fancy us to get the points at already relegated Watford. The relationship between the fans and players is plummeting. No playing for pride there. Chelsea Leeds is a tough call, they will have spurs and arsenal breathing down their necks (who play eachother the next day) and will need a result so going for a Chelsea win. Takes us to

Ev pl35 pt36
Burnley pl35 pt35
Leeds pl36 pt34

15th may could be a great day. Leeds and Burnley face really tough games. Leeds have Brighton who seem to be hitting form again. Burnley away to spurs. Leeds might nick a point but no chance for Burnley. Everton must win at home against Brentford.. repeat of the cup game please.

Ev pl36 pt 39
Burnley pl36 pt 35
Leeds pl 37 pt35

That would make us safe. Think we'll then go on to beat palace once the pressure is off. Burnley to beat villa at home to secure safety

Going into the final day

Ev pl37 pt42
Burnley pl37 pt 38
Leeds pl37 pt35

Leeds go down.
Don't do it to yourself mate. Leicester away is all that matters. Its conceivable we beat them then lose to Watford and Brentford. Nothing goes to form or makes any sense towards end of season.

We banked on beating Palace when we were going for fourth under Martinez, they had nothing to play for and they absolutely battered us. We never recovered.

For Southampton to be relegated Eve-Burnley- Leeds would need 41 points as Leeds goal difference is 17 worse then Southampton

*replied to the wrong post in the 1st place lol
Looking at remaining fixtures I think us, Burnley and Leeds are definitely capable of getting to 40 now we are seeing the teams that are in trouble scrapping for their lives. It’s suddenly looking like the 18th team will be on a high points total.

If Southampton do lose their remaining games and Burnley and / or us get to 40 Southampton would almost certainly have worse goal difference as the best they could be on is -20. Leeds do need the extra point though.

Sunday - Thursday - Saturday- Wednesday - Sunday I think
Sunday Wednesday Sunday Thursday Sunday

You know what looking at that I can see him bringing Mina out for a rest somewhere which would worry me. Got to play for me.

Another thing, I can see Watford sacking Hodgson this weekend when they are confirmed down and probably having a caretaker in charge for our game. Hopefully they don’t get same reaction as Burnley have

Sunday Wednesday Sunday Thursday Sunday

You know what looking at that I can see him bringing Mina out for a rest somewhere which would worry me. Got to play for me.

Another thing, I can see Watford sacking Hodgson this weekend when they are confirmed down and probably having a caretaker in charge for our game. Hopefully they don’t get same reaction as Burnley have

Absolutely no point sacking him when they’re confirmed down. He’s only contracted til the end of the season anyway.

Don’t follow. Southampton are safe as houses. Whoever finishes 17th will have less than 40 points, I think

If I was a Southampton fan, I'd still be nervous. Only three games left and their only home match is v Liverpool. There's still a reasonable chance they'll lose all three and Everton will get eight points; Leeds seven and Burnley six (assuming us and Burnley in that scenario have a better goal difference).

Status
Not open for further replies.