Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitrovic is on like 85k a week at fulham in the championship

just cos you get relegated doesn't mean you can only earn 5-10k a week

i would assume most if not all of our players earning over 100k a week will get sold
How though - who wants to take players on that kind of deal?

Cenk Tosun and Oumar Niasse spent years doing nothing because their wages priced them out of a move anywhere. Literally couldn't give them away. I don't see many of our £100k p/w club walking into close to the same deal anywhere else. It'll be free transfers and Everton continuing to pay a percentage of their wages at best for a lot of them.

How though - who wants to take players on that kind of deal?

Cenk Tosun and Oumar Niasse spent years doing nothing because their wages priced them out of a move anywhere. Literally couldn't give them away. I don't see many of our £100k p/w club walking into close to the same deal anywhere else. It'll be free transfers and Everton continuing to pay a percentage of their wages at best for a lot of them.
they will be on reduced transfer fees to offset the high wages

same reason why we supposedly got a bargain deal for doucoure at the time

Reduced? Even on a free I can't see many clubs committing to £120k per week for the likes of Gomes or an injury prone Mina.

if you take those two specific examples into isolation

gomes will have 2 years left on his contract, so he either spends a year with us trying to help us get promoted or he finds a new club at reduced wages. no doubt his agent will engineer a move for him because its unlikely that he will want to spend a year in the championship. the other option is to loan him out and subside some of those wages.

Mina is an international player for Colombia and he has 1 year left on his contract. There is no way he will want to play in the championship for us so he will be actively asking his agent to find him a new club even if that means he gets paid less and we will have no issue selling him due to his high wages and contract expiry situation

basically we will have to sell all the high earner to make up the 45% lost revenue from broadcast revenue

i think our broadcast revenue is 115 mil so if we only receive 55% of that next season which is £63.25 mil then we need to make up £51.75 mil from lost broadcasting revenue alone

so the sale of richy and dcl would cover that

then we would need to shift the high earners off to reduce the wage bill

we then have to develop the team around youth players like gordon, simms, branthwaite, onyango, patterson and dobbin and keep a few experienced heads prepared to take us back up like davies, rondon, begovic, gray, townsend and alli

can't see the likes of pickford, allan, iwobi, gomes or doucoure wanting to stay and fight in the championship

Looking at our current squad i'd probably look at it into a couple of categorys

Would get semi decent fees for and would attract other clubs
Pickford, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin..... would probably make around £100-£120m off them

Players we will be able to shift but for relatively low fees
Allan, Mina, Keane or Holgate, Alli

Players we may be able to loan out and get a fair bit of wages paid for
Iwobi, Gomes, Gbamin

Released
Kenny, Delph, Sigurdsson, Begovic, Tosun

That would leave us with...........

Players no one would want but we may just have to stick with
Townsend, Rondon, Keane or Holgate

Players that have only just recently signed
Patterson, Mykolenko

Players that will probably stick around
Gray, Doucoure, Godfrey, Coleman, Gordon, Branthwaite, Davies + kids

Thats probably about £140m in transfer fees and £840k a week off the wage bill (£43 million a year)

We would obviously have to re invest in a new goalkeeper, back up keeper a comanding centre half, 2 central midfielders, a new winger & 2 centre forwards.

If we tried to maybe spend £60/70m and added around £350k- £400k to the wage bill with new signings, we should be fine

i would assume most if not all of our players earning over 100k a week will get sold
Harry Wilson will be on aorund 50-60k a week i reckon also

He about the only one anywhere near that , West Brom one of the highest paid teams in Championship and the highest one is on about 24 grand a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.