Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guarantee there is no plan for this. The only plan was to launder money through Liverpool Waters, and now the people who would do the laundering can’t get to their money.

We'll easily get over £20m. Easily

I’m not saying we won’t, but I just highly doubt it. Newcastle is our hope of getting a decent fee for him, we could probably rinse them. There are far, far better strikers than him out there for the sorts of prices being bandied about by our fans, some of our fans need to enter the real world sharpish.

I’m not saying we won’t, but I just highly doubt it. Newcastle is our hope of getting a decent fee for him, we could probably rinse them. There are far, far better strikers than him out there for the sorts of prices being bandied about by our fans, some of our fans need to enter the real world sharpish.
I agree we won't be getting anywhere near 60-70m but we'd get a decent fee. As soon as you're relegated a lot of value drops. However, he is a young, English goalscoring center forward who was until Xmas, highly coveted.

When West Ham went down I believe every single player had a relegation wage clause most up to 50%. Aston Villa had a majority of players with clauses, I think it was reported 6 players didn't.

There is absolutely no way we'll have written such things into players contracts.

Micheal Keane with his 40 year contract, absolutely unsellable, getting his full £££. It'll be horrific.

When West Ham went down I believe every single player had a relegation wage clause most up to 50%. Aston Villa had a majority of players with clauses, I think it was reported 6 players didn't.

There is absolutely no way we'll have written such things into players contracts.

Micheal Keane with his 40 year contract, absolutely unsellable, getting his full £££. It'll be horrific.

I mean how long did we give him a contract for.? Feel like he’s been here for a decade now. It’s mental.

Moyes leaving has really come home to roost, followed closely by binning Martinez off not long after.

Since then it's been a panic buying slippery slope to the bottom. I still foolishly have faith we won't go down.

We should have got moyes back when we had the chance. The majority of fans didn't want him (I wanted him back) and now can enjoy championship football for the foreseeable future. Possibly league one, possible administration

The worst thing we ever did looking bad was not hiring Moyes again in 2016 if we are being honest. Him in charge of that transfer window of 2017 wouldn't have been a complete disaster that has handicapped the club ever since. We may have actually had a squad that he could build on like he has done at West ham. I know it wouldn't have been a popular choice at the time but given finances stopped him bringing some quality in after the FA cup final I am sure he could have built a squad.

He’s 25, an England international and not far off 1 goal every 2 games for an average team over the last 3 years. Assuming he could pass a medical I think we could get £35-£40m for DCL. He seems broken at the moment and a big part of me is worried he may never be the same player. If he was sold in the summer I think Arsenal and Man Utd would have been interested.

Now, I suspect it would be the likes of Leicester, West Ham or maybe Aston Villa. Ambitious teams just outside the European places.

We haven't. It'll be a fire sale to get them off the books.

Then we'll spend a fraction of what we recoup to rebuild just to balance the books

Status
Not open for further replies.