Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milivojevic was once Palace’s top scorer in a season with 12 goals, 10 of them coming from the spot. Would that have made him a prolific goal threat? Pens are nothing more than stat padding for strikers, DCL hasn’t scored an open play goal since the opening day of the season, you’re in for a rude awakening if you think any club is paying good money for that.

I think his reputation proceeds him - in my experience fans of other teams seem to rate him more than a lot of Everton fans - and the fact he's struggled with injury while we've freefalled to the bottom of the league will have done nothing to hurt that reputation.

I think his reputation proceeds him - in my experience fans of other teams seem to rate him more than a lot of Everton fans - and the fact he's struggled with injury while we've freefalled to the bottom of the league will have done nothing to hurt that reputation.
Being injured often doesn’t tend to add value to a player. He’s also the sort of player that should be kept to make sure promotion is within a sniff.

Wonder what attendances will be like?
I actually think they would still be quite high, you will have the usual ones that say they wont go anymore because we are relegated that will still go and more, the only difference with us in the championship is if we get Tons of Injuries now, imagine playing 8 more league games in the Championship as well as having to play the extra cup games because you are in lower league, plus you can play the friday/monday, even the sat/monday on bank holiday weekends etc, we will be wrecked lol

We should have got moyes back when we had the chance. The majority of fans didn't want him (I wanted him back) and now can enjoy championship football for the foreseeable future. Possibly league one, possible administration
Moyes took Sunderland down. There was no guarantee of him doing anything here. He probably wouldn't have worked well in our utterly mad current set up anyway, I don't think anyone can.

Moyes took Sunderland down. There was no guarantee of him doing anything here. He probably wouldn't have worked well in our utterly mad current set up anyway, I don't think anyone can.
Horses for courses. People put too much emphasis on Moyes failing elsewhere when it was clear there were mitigating factors involved in all the jobs he 'failed' in.

Unfortunately the short sightedness of too many has cost us. That included people making the decisions and many fans.

A manager doesn't suddenly become bad because certain clubs in certain situations don't work for him. If you give moyes a competitive prem team to work with he will make them the best that they can be and come ahead of all similar financed clubs. Man utd he didn't have time. Sunderland he had massive injury problems like benitez did here and the club was in freefall. And sociedad is a totally different kettle of fish.

Horses for courses. People put too much emphasis on Moyes failing elsewhere when it was clear there were mitigating factors involved in all the jobs he 'failed' in.

Unfortunately the short sightedness of too many has cost us. That included people making the decisions and many fans.

A manager doesn't suddenly become bad because certain clubs in certain situations don't work for him. If you give moyes a competitive prem team to work with he will make them the best that they can be and come ahead of all similar financed clubs. Man utd he didn't have time. Sunderland he had massive injury problems like benitez did here and the club was in freefall. And sociedad is a totally different kettle of fish.
On that basis he would've failed here also.

He would have massive injury issues here and would also be given no time as he is already a known quantity here.

Also the goalposts have changed from then. When we could have looked at Moyes we were looking to push on. We were not looking to stave off relegation and become the best of the also rans again. Going so far backward should not be a reason for us to attempt to keep the status quo back then as we wouldn't have that hindsight at that point.

And going back never works.

Status
Not open for further replies.