Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

basically we will have to sell all the high earner to make up the 45% lost revenue from broadcast revenue

i think our broadcast revenue is 115 mil so if we only receive 55% of that next season which is £63.25 mil then we need to make up £51.75 mil from lost broadcasting revenue alone

so the sale of richy and dcl would cover that

then we would need to shift the high earners off to reduce the wage bill

we then have to develop the team around youth players like gordon, simms, branthwaite, onyango, patterson and dobbin and keep a few experienced heads prepared to take us back up like davies, rondon, begovic, gray, townsend and alli

can't see the likes of pickford, allan, iwobi, gomes or doucoure wanting to stay and fight in the championship
There’s the best part of £450k a week in wages there. For the sake of the club I hope they’re not here

I can not even think about the stadium or possible impact on that. Whether we go down or stay up, I think our main assets will leave. There will need to be some balancing the books and also rebuilding the squad. If we can get over £150m for Richarlison, Godfrey, Iwobi, Pickford, Mina, Doucoure and Calvert Lewin. We can then re-invest some of that in adding 8-10 players and some youngsters to replace them, as well as the outgoing players like Van De Beek, Delph, Sigurdsson, El Ghazi, Kenny, Tosun and Begovic.

We will do very well to build a side capable of staying up / chasing promotion in our first season in the Championship on £80m. With drops in TV revenue, sponsorship revenue, advertising revenue, matchday revenue, the club will need to keep finances very tight for another year or two.

Absolutely no way on earth we are getting anywhere near that figure for them. Try halving it at best.

We'd lose some of the top earners to other clubs. Some of our other top earners are leaving at the end of the season anyhow, which may help if we go down. Some players may have contracts with a relegation clause, but who knows. We would have a big wage bill relatively for the Championship, but so have some other clubs in that league. Then there's the new stadium plans... What a mess.
I read something in the last few days that most of our players don't have relegation clauses regarding wage reductions. Which is ridiculous really as you would expect it to be standard in pretty much all contracts now.

Absolutely no way on earth we are getting anywhere near that figure for them. Try halving it at best.

Sadly, I think you may be closer. It may depend on if we can stay up. If we get relegated, we will be under massive pressure to sell. If we stay up then we can command better fees or even tell some players they are not leaving.

I read something in the last few days that most of our players don't have relegation clauses regarding wage reductions. Which is ridiculous really as you would expect it to be standard in pretty much all contracts now.

Yes, many clubs have clauses that insist on an immediate % drop in wages, to help the clubs cope if the worst does happen. I doubt the top teams include this clause as it could make them look less ambitious to the player. Before this season, it was unthinkable that Everton would be relegated, so it would not be surprising if this is true.

Yes, many clubs have clauses that insist on an immediate % drop in wages, to help the clubs cope if the worst does happen. I doubt the top teams include this clause as it could make them look less ambitious to the player. Before this season, it was unthinkable that Everton would be relegated, so it would not be surprising if this is true.
I mean, the way the club is run, I’m not really surprised it wasn’t included.

I would have been more surprised if we did include clauses. The incompetence at this club knows no boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.