Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not even think about the stadium or possible impact on that. Whether we go down or stay up, I think our main assets will leave. There will need to be some balancing the books and also rebuilding the squad. If we can get over £150m for Richarlison, Alli, Godfrey, Iwobi, Pickford, Mina, Doucoure and Calvert Lewin, we can then use some of that to add 10-12 new signings and some youngsters to replace them, as well as the players out of contract like Van De Beek, Delph, Sigurdsson, El Ghazi, Kenny, Tosun and Begovic.

We will do very well to build a side capable of staying up / chasing promotion in our first season in the Championship on £80m. With drops in TV revenue, sponsorship revenue, advertising revenue, matchday revenue, the club will need to keep finances very tight for another year or two.
Not a chance of getting anywhere near that if we are relegated. We'd be lucky to give Iwobi away, DCL has injury issues and with the players wanting out we will be in a very weak negotiating position.

I think alot of our fans are going to be brought back down to earth with a massive bump soon as the reality of just what position the club is in.

No guarantee he would've saved us. He didn't save Sunderland who we are quite comparable to
Much better squad than Sunderland. We are probably better than the West Ham team he took over as well. He would also have known the ropes, have loyalty off the bat with some influential players and would have been able to work constructively with brands.

Not a chance of getting anywhere near that if we are relegated. We'd be lucky to give Iwobi away, DCL has injury issues and with the players wanting out we will be in a very weak negotiating position.

I think alot of our fans are going to be brought back down to earth with a massive bump soon as the reality of just what position the club is in.

Last summer, there are some fans who would have refused £150m just for Richarlison and Calvert Lewin.

It is sad and strange how quickly things have changed.

Absolutely no way on earth we are getting anywhere near that figure for them. Try halving it at best.

I think you get 40M for Richarlison and 40M for DCL plus another 60-70M for the other 5 players.

Godfrey -15-20M
Iwobi - 0-5M
Pickford - 15-20M
Mina - 20-25M
Doucoure- 8-12M

I think you easily get over 100M and probably just below 150M.

It's players like Allan and Andre Gomes that'll only receive nominal fees for. There'll be a lack fo market for them at the wages they are on.

I think you get 40M for Richarlison and 40M for DCL plus another 60-70M for the other 5 players.

Godfrey -15-20M
Iwobi - 0-5M
Pickford - 15-20M
Mina - 20-25M
Doucoure- 8-12M

I think you easily get over 100M and probably just below 150M.

It's players like Allan and Andre Gomes that'll only receive nominal fees for. There'll be a lack fo market for them at the wages they are on.

Hahahahahah no mate.

For what it’s worth I don’t think we’d sell any of those players from that list of 5. I’m also very doubtful Arsenal still want DCL, if they even ever wanted him at all. He is not good enough for them and it would be a stupid signing by Arteta imo.

No one really knows. Revenue would decline, so there would have to be fire sales of the players that can be sold to bring wages in line. I seem to recall stadium projects essentially not counting under UEFA's FFP, since they are considered infrastructure, but I have no idea what the rules in the Championship are on that issue.

Pretty much everyone else down there is in financial trouble of lesser magnitude, since they are so dependent on gate. There are COVID add-backs that they just passed, but they are minimal in comparison to our budget. It's extremely hard to say what amendments they may or may not pass. It's probably safe to say that they'll screw us on the stadium if they can, because that targets the prospects of a single rival without damaging theirs.

Quickest way to get rid of all the current wasters that make up our team might be to be relegated, downside is they will probably be replaced by players who are even worse.

Hahahahahah no mate

He's one of the better CBs in the league when fit. I'm not talking best 1 or 2 but Top15. He's 27 so a good age for a CB. He'd be worth more if he could stay fit. That's what dragged the proposed price down a little.

It's all just a guess though. In the same way it's a guess saying we'd only get 75-80M for those 7 players stated. I'm almost certain you get more than an average of 11M each for those players.

He's one of the better CBs in the league when fit. I'm not talking best 1 or 2 but Top15. He's 27 so a good age for a CB. He'd be worth more if he could stay fit. That's what dragged the proposed price down a little.

It's all just a guess though. In the same way it's a guess saying we'd only get 75-80M for those 7 players stated. I'm almost certain you get more than an average of 11M each for those players.

But he’s never fit, so nobody is paying any sort of money for him.

But he’s never fit, so nobody is paying any sort of money for him.
If you look at 2019/20 and 2020/21 combined , Mina was available for ~70% of PL games.

This season that has dipped and it's fair to say there are Q marks on his durability. But teams will take a risk on him. Getting Mina for 70% of PL games probably improves at least half the teams at CB in the PL. IMO he starts for 12-14 teams in the league at CB. That's why he'll command a fee and someone will take a chance on him if he's available for ~20M

He’s never fit, on high wages, out of contract in 18 months and we’ll be having the biggest fire sale in world football if we go down.

We’re getting abar £10m for him

Status
Not open for further replies.