Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad will it be?

Will we sell players and be ok? Or are we a ticking timebomb that will go into administration? Genuine question, I don’t know how bad it will be, are we going to be in financial meltdown? Surely it will affect the ground.
You get 90m+ for the drop and we'll prob sell close to 200m of players assuming they want out. Players like DCL, Mina, Richy, Pickford, Allan, Gray and Doucoure etc will all be out the door they're too good for the Championship and they'll have suitors.

I imagine we'd keep the likes of Keane, Holgate, Kenny, Mykolenko, Gordon, and Townsend. Not sure on the others tbh so could actually be a lot earned on sales. Probably enough to cover us for 2 seasons in the Championship. Any new incomings would probably cost less in fees and wages too. There'd be loans from Chelseas youth system probably if Lampards still here.

You get 90m+ for the drop and we'll prob sell close to 200m of players assuming they want out. Players like DCL, Mina, Richy, Pickford, Allan, Gray and Doucoure etc will all be out the door they're too good for the Championship and they'll have suitors.

I imagine we'd keep the likes of Keane, Holgate, Kenny, Mykolenko, Gordon, and Townsend. Not sure on the others tbh so could actually be a lot earned on sales. Probably enough to cover us for 2 seasons in the Championship. Any new incomings would probably cost less in fees and wages too. There'd be loans from Chelseas youth system probably if Lampards still here.

No we won’t.

I hope we have the biggest fire sale in world football if we stay up too. I can’t stand to look at the names of these players anymore, any of them.
This. The worst part of my week is when I see the team sheet for every game. Same loser players week in week week out serving up the same crap.

All of those funds will likely go back into moshiri's pocket before he sells up.

I can genuinely see us being owned by Mike Ashley this time next year.

I think you may be in for an unfortunate shock. No way do we get a significant fee for DCL for a start.
Nah, I done another low ball calculation and I was still getting around 160-175m. DCL will go for 40-50m if a club like Arsenal actually are interested. Richy will go for 50-60m easy.

Nah, I done another low ball calculation and I was still getting around 160-175m. DCL will go for 40-50m if a club like Arsenal actually are interested. Richy will go for 50-60m easy.

I don’t think they are and I don’t think they’re stupid enough to spend that absurd amount of money on him. Where is Richarlison going? He’s had two poor seasons in a row and is about to be relegated.

I don’t think they are and I don’t think they’re stupid enough to spend that absurd amount of money on him.
Fair enough mate, I disagree because I do think there's a player in there. Look how bad we've been without him and the few games he has played he's not been fit at all and it shows. Once hes fit again he'll be banging them in especially in a better team if a move happens. Hopefully we stay up anyway and don't have to sell

Fair enough mate, I disagree because I do think there's a player in there. Look how bad we've been without him and the few games he has played he's not been fit at all and it shows. Once hes fit again he'll be banging them in especially in a better team if a move happens. Hopefully we stay up anyway and don't have to sell

He’s only banged them in for a brief spell in front of no fans at the start of last season. He isn’t good enough for Arsenal.

Will the Stadium move even happen...it's well under way and relegation would be disastrous.
Disgusting to think that the last year at Goodison could be in the Championship. These players don't even realise the insult that is

if you take those two specific examples into isolation

gomes will have 2 years left on his contract, so he either spends a year with us trying to help us get promoted or he finds a new club at reduced wages. no doubt his agent will engineer a move for him because its unlikely that he will want to spend a year in the championship. the other option is to loan him out and subside some of those wages.

Mina is an international player for Colombia and he has 1 year left on his contract. There is no way he will want to play in the championship for us so he will be actively asking his agent to find him a new club even if that means he gets paid less and we will have no issue selling him due to his high wages and contract expiry situation
Gomes might be more than happy to spend a year in The Championship on his current wage. It's around 4 years since he's had a sniff of the national team and I think it's fair to say he's not the player he was. He's a player who can't hold a place down in an awful PL side so I can't see how he's seen as being above The Championship.

There are a lot of similar or higher profile players with genuine international ambitions who've done a year in The Championship. It's not some invisible footballing backwater - it's still among the upper middle tier of European leagues in terms of money and facilities. Ruben Neves had captained Porto in the Champions League and was far more likely to be involved in the international set-up than Gomes currently is but still moved to Championship Wolves.

Mina may want to move on if he *can* get the right deal but it's a big if. Colombian national or not there are plenty in their current squad who play at a what could be argued to be a lower level of competition than the Championship. Even playing in Saudi Arabia or Qatar isn't a killer for international recognition.

Finances will dictate what happens rather than the perceived footballing level of England's second tier. And hopefully all this insipid drivel I'm typing will be irrelevant and we stay up. ;)

How bad will it be?

Will we sell players and be ok? Or are we a ticking timebomb that will go into administration? Genuine question, I don’t know how bad it will be, are we going to be in financial meltdown? Surely it will affect the ground.

Really need someone here who's name sounds like desk, but off the top of my head:

1) PL income will decrease, but "parachute payments" will help
2) Commercial revenue should decrease, but was already terrible to start with
3) Owner will have enough money to float the club, unless all of his assets turn to mush because of the war

All things said, the possibility that Moshiri's pot of gold turns out to be worth nothing at all is the biggest risk to the club.

Then again, what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.