Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we'd have played against a decent side today?

Zonal marking a disaster again, no substitutions or changes as we were falling apart in front of him.

Another showing like that and its over for him.

They have to change it if Godfrey is playing centre half - i don't think he's tall enough to get on the end of defensive headers. I don't want to hate on Ben - I think he's a great player so I won't keep on pointing this out. Keane probably wouldn't have gotten onto the end of that header that saw them equalize too.

Step 1 complete Agent Rafael.......
"Now you must detonate the warhead in Finch Farm before heading to the safe house on Anfield Road..."

1635006789343.png

They're not r'sed basically they are mercenaries - they still get paid ridiculous amounts of money regardless (or talentless in our case) - here within lies the problem with the modern game.
Got to disagree with you mate. Being overpaid mercenaries is not nessacarily what's wrong with the modern game. What about the managers who get the best out of these overpaid players.

Absolutely unbelievable. Been away from my phone and see this result. Totally unacceptable at home to anyone, but Watford?

The problem i think is threefold:

1: Spine of Keane + Davies + Rondon

2: Ditched Davide Ancelotti's defensive set piece setup and gone zonal

3: Played a deep defence to protect Keane which has hampered both Digne and Godfrey

Its all on Benitez for me.

Actually laughed at those 3 being called a ‘spine’. That’s one thing they all lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.