Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the managers fault? . Taking our best attacking players off Gordon and gray when we are leading and hoping for the best and keeping rondon on?
I agree but the manager can’t also account for players who can’t clear basic headers, kick the ball into their own teammates, miskick balls under no pressure, and completely swing and miss.

Our defence is so poor.

Coleman 2 years out of date
Keane usual headless chicken
Something's not right with Godfrey
Digne not at the races again

So frustrating that defeat

They all merited 0/10 for me but Benitéz I would mark with a negative number as not even worth 0/10

Benitéz has to go, no manager should survive this

As bad as some of his predecessors were, we never got humbled by relegation scrapers so badly, nowhere near in fact.

Allardyce is ten times better than the fat Spanish waiter. Liverpool's spending on special agent Benitëz's wages fully vindicated
To be fair to the fat man, he was up against the legendary Claudio Ranieri!

I wish I were a billionaire so I could buy the club and fire Moshiri, Kenwright, Brands, Unsworth, DBB, Ferguson out of a massive cannon and into the sun.

Then Immediately sell the club.

We don't have the players to play possession. We can't control games because the midfielders and backline aren't fit to do that. Benitez is doing what he can. That said we're basically wasting away because of it. I'd honestly prefer we got in a real manager with a progressive style and just endured the growing pains because at least you're growing.
I don't mean having 70% of the ball. You can control games without having the ball. That's about shape, being organised.

As soon as we had the lead for 5 mins he should have got Rondon off and gone to three in midfield and tightened it up. He didn't and then we completely fold.

We might have had a bit of control with 3 in midfield, it's about limiting space and then having numbers in certain areas.

I know you love your analytical and tactical way of looking at things but from playing footy from a 5-year-old and just generally knowing the game, it's really simple sometimes. Ranieri changed to a back three and they outnumbered us. Benitez didn't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.