Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All starting from Iwobi coming on and Davies mis-kick a ball ffs.
they'd carved us open all day and we can't defend a set-piece so as much as those two are dreadful, there's much more to it than that

We got lucky that it was 1-1 and when Rich made it 2-1 that should have been it. 5 more mins in that shape and then bring Gbamin or Holgate on and change the shape.

Ranieri changed the shape. He took the RB off, went to a back three and that pushed their team up. Suddenly our defence was completely outnumbered and Benitez reacted by taking Gray off for Iwobi. That's fine, but it didn't change our shape so we just had the same issue.

That's the issue isn't it? What do we do to change it?

I think they have to play 3 at the back now.

3 4 3 with

Godfrey Keane and Holgate
Digne Allan Davies Coleman
Gray Richarlison Townsend

I think they could also push Holgate into the DM role at times which would allow Allan and Davies go higher up.

That Gbamin must be diabolical to not get his game in there

It's on Benitez though.

A body in midfield was all that was needed.

You need to be able to control spells of games. Watford changed to a 3-4-3 to get on the front foot and Benitez kept our shape the same, despite it having been very flaky all day.

It was as bad today as any as Ancelotti's worst managerial performances, or Silva's. Totally inept from the starting lineup onwards. The one good thing he did was get Richarlison on, but he took the wrong player off even then.

Looks like the honeymoon is over with Benitez and reality is beginning to sink in, stopped watching when Watford got their second, looking at the scoreline I made the right choice to not waste more of my life on these turgid displays

I think they have to play 3 at the back now.

3 4 3 with

Godfrey Keane and Holgate
Digne Allan Davies Coleman
Gray Richarlison Townsend

I think they could also push Holgate into the DM role at times which would allow Allan and Davies go higher up.

We haven't got the players for 3 at the back because the only left-footed CB we have is Branthwaite, and he was dragged all over the place playing in a 3 v Huddersfield.

When we haven't got Doucoure, we can't play a two in midfield. It has to be a three.

Am not an expert but clearly as stated by others something needs to change. Rafael can only work with what hes got. Short of him getting kitted up and having a go it’s down to the players. With what has happened up at Newcastle there must be players up there thinking they will get the boot soon so better put a bit of effort in to try and catch the managers eye. Ok, they drew today but they didn’t lose.unfortunately there is no fear factor with us and there needs to be one. Play crap? You are out and someone who wants to have a go gets a chance. if this , today doesn’t tell Moshiri to open his wallet then not sure what will. Rafael has not been with us long but he needs a war chest if we are going to compete.

A dsy of shame that will live long in the memory. We shouldn't have MOM polls i these games. max 5/10 for all bar Richy. Some 1/10 from some.

they'd carved us open all day and we can't defend a set-piece so as much as those two are dreadful, there's much more to it than that

We got lucky that it was 1-1 and when Rich made it 2-1 that should have been it. 5 more mins in that shape and then bring Gbamin or Holgate on and change the shape.

Ranieri changed the shape. He took the RB off, went to a back three and that pushed their team up. Suddenly our defence was completely outnumbered and Benitez reacted by taking Gray off for Iwobi. That's fine, but it didn't change our shape so we just had the same issue.
He also pulled their dilly ding dilly dongs with great force at half time to galvanize them in the second half!

Walked out at 4-2. Don’t know where to start with that. Davies pulling out of numerous 50/50’s infuriated me the absolute coward. Rest of them embarrassing aswell but he’s an absolute shithouse

No idea how he's managed to make a career out of it here for so long to be honest.

A truly dreadful player, he's got absolutely nothing about him, he's absolutely thick (see that pass at old Trafford) and he dresses like a 70's pimp.

I don't think he'd get a game at Tranmere so how he's been here so long I'll never know.

So glad that I’m an Evertonian by reputation only at this point. Win, lose or draw, it makes no impact on me any more.

I don’t understand how any one can be a long standing Everton fan and still be engaged and care about results. Surely a form of subconscious self preservation would’ve kicked in long ago, detaching emotions from it all.

AND Rondon, bloody Rondon isnt League 2 standard... Absolute rubbish, is this the best we could come up with??? Benitez having a laugh here for sure isnt he????????

Status
Not open for further replies.