Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relegation is massive possibility with this group
Depends on injuries...if we keep have injuries at the current rate and we're not getting back dcl for Christmas or just after at the latest then we'll be in the fight for sure at the bottom of the table.

Claudio really pulled Raffa's dilly ding dilly dong today!

1635006182576.png

ABOLUTE EMBARASSMENT..... This sums our club up, abject failure after abject failure.

No positives, Benitez can do one and I`d take Moyes now, at least he wont accept rubbish like that.

Gonna be a long hard season thats for sure, look at the fixtures coming up:-

Wolves a
Spurs h
Man City a
Brentford a
Liverpool h
Arsenal h
Crystal Palace a
Chelsea a
Leicester h

Where is our next points coming from? This has been coming TBF we seen glimpses against Villa, 1 win in 5 PL games, scored 5 and conceded 10 and with the abysmal defeat to QPR in there as well..........

We are so [Poor language removed], long way back, not getting Europe. The RS are Pissing themselves, just about done with this club. Top to bottom they have no clue whatsoever, we are a laughing stock, only we can spend £500m to be skint and miles worse than we were before.

Benitez out and take the fraud Moshiri as well!!!!!!!!!!

…..when you set up to allow the opposition so much possession you have to be organised behind the ball. We were wide open after the Richarlison goal, no energy or tempo without Gordon we handed them the initiative.

We have injuries in key areas but it shouldn’t stop you being organised. Benitez game management was dreadful & does not augur well for coming months.

MoM Allan.

Add to that the ridiculous stubbornness of persistence with Rondon.

I’m serious when I say this, I have seen better centre forwards in non league football.

If DCL is going to be out for another month or so, he has to find another option, even if it means turning Mina into an emergency striker.

We simply can not persist with Rondon any longer.

Godfrey covered Keanes mistakes up to the 70th minute.

What game were you watching?

Youre blaming Godfrey for zonal marking now lol

Youre a funny one.

I don't remember godfrey covering keanes mistakes though i do remember Godfrey chasing down a few - i thought in general while we were sloppy everyone on the team today was sloppy. Pickford hit 3 in a row and missed his targets by miles. Everyone was wasteful again.

I don't want to put THAT much blame on Godfrey but I don't think he can zonal mark, at least not the way Rafael has set up for corners. It is obviously more suited for Mina. The outswingers mean the opposition are running in and getting free headers while Godfrey is standing his ground and he can't get high enough.

Same last week when Godfrey got beaten out on the near post against WH. And pretty sure we gave up another goal to Villa on a set piece the same way as well (which probably wasn't Godfrey so don't want to blame him there).

The rest of the team is coming apart, because we don't have enough decent players to play Rafael's system, 442 just means its more open in the middle. Doucoure out means less ground covered. DCL out means can't hold up the ball. Rondon is like playing with 10 men all day. Iwobi turns up once every 10 matches. Gordon and Davies were good today. We have 6 legit top half Premier League outfield first team players today, Keane, Digne, Richarlison, Allan, Townsend, Gray. I think Godfrey is a good player, but i'm a bit concerned at some of his weaknesses as a defender, maybe its COVID affecting him.

ABOLUTE EMBARASSMENT..... This sums our club up, abject failure after abject failure.

No positives, Benitez can do one and I`d take Moyes now, at least we wont accept rubbish like that.

Gonna be a long hard season thats for sure, look at the fixtures coming up:-

Wolves a
Spurs h
Man City a
Brentford a
Liverpool h
Arsenal h
Crystal Palace a
Chelsea a
Leicester h

Where is our next points coming from? This has been coming TBF we seen glimpses against Villa, 1 win in 5 PL games, scored 5 and conceded 10 and with the abysmal defeat to QPR in there as well..........

We are so [Poor language removed], long way back, not getting Europe. The RS are Pissing themselves, just about done with this club. Top to bottom they have no clue whatsoever, we are a laughing stock, only we can spend £500m to be skint and miles worse than we were before.

Benitez out and take the fraud Moshiri as well!!!!!!!!!!

moyes christ

Really ? There were some terrible Everton perfomances, I'll give you that, but this was standard for Rondon mate.
We were 2:1 up and it is Rondons fault that we lost 2:5? I see other reasons. No midfield and you bring in Iwobi? Godfrey being all over the place why not bring in Holgate and try to close the gaps in the middle?

Ancelotti was given a heads up that there would be no transfer kitty last summer. Have a niggly worrying sense that he had ran the rule over the 23’s and below and that they are, frankly, awful.
Real or not, he wasn’t up for a mid table season at best ahead. FSW has come in and is, it would appear, making the same judgement on the wider club playing resources (in persisting with Rondon in particular). There is a rancid stink of complacency and ‘meh’ about the wider club younger sides. It’s been done to death on here but Unsworth and all of Kenrights sycophants need to be shown the door. Today. Rip it up and start again.
I guess everybody is fuming over that last 20 mins performance, but that’s up there with the daftest post of the day - there wasn’t even a U23s/18 player on the pitch , you watched a pathetic first team performance and somehow blame it on the U23s and below who you think are “ frankly awful” . Bizarre in the extreme, you probably voted Rondon or Godfrey MOTM

The state of the spine of the team Rondon-Davies-Keane.
Thank god for Pickford or it've been 6 or 7 or 8

Keane + Davies + Rondon

Like you said...thats the spine.

Benitez is mad not to have a 3rd midfielder in there.

Correct but who cares other than the fact that Benitez takes off our best player , leaves Rondon on.and brings on Iwobi.

Honestly you couldn't make it up.

Makes you wonder if the conspiracy theories about the fat kopite are correct.

Destroyed our defensive setup under Davide Ancelotti.

Plays Rondon who wouldnt get a game in a kids team.

Plays 2 midfielders when were looking out of shape and gaps are there.

Holgate or Gbamin for Rondon after we scored was absolutely blindingly obvious to all but Benitez.

I also thought Rondon off Holgate on for a 3rd midfielder when Richarlison came on.

Would a majority of our fans be supportive? Moyes isn't a quick fix manager. Could we have endured 6 months of being poor?
Depends really. I would argue he would have had a better squad to work with than he had at West Ham, at least initially. The way he has developed Rice, Cresswell and Antonio is really impressive. You would hope he could get our defence back into shape and get better transition play in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.