2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realise that if he does stay it will probably cost the club around 10m and greatly impact on our transfer activity in January and next summer.

I don't have a problem with him, but as he clearly is not in the managers plans I want him gone.
Everton are the ones to blame for that

If that Pipe fella isn't chatting wham, and Everton have actually agreed to pay some of James wages for the Turkish outfit, and it's James who told them and us to gtfo, the vaping god has gone up even further in my estimation.

How can we even think that this is a good deal for the club?!

We truly are a complete shitshow - it's an absolute shambles that started as soon as Benitez walked through the door, and gave it all the double talk and bollocks when asked about where James fits into his plans.

The revisionism and truth twisting from some of the Benitez true believers/MEGA Da's on here regarding James is bordering on the unstable.

Calling James a leech or waster, when we have the likes of Delph, Tosun and Ghosty pointerson still on the books is comedy of the highest order, and shows that all the Benitez acolytes are bloody clueless.
You 'the defeated' lost.

Benitez is in charge.

James is gone. Even if he remains he'll be gone.

He's persona non grata.

Managers generally plan their team to play a certain way with players carrying out role specific instructions.
Having a player in unsuited to a particular role in the manager's chosen plan can be of detriment to the teams performance.
If something is detrimental to a teams performance then that could lead to a substandard overall performance.
A substandard overall performance can lead to a poor result.
Doing this numerous times can lead to a run of poor results.

How on Earth indeed.
My point is that I find it hard to imagine how having a player with such majestic skills as Rodriguez in the team could have a negative impact on any game plan. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Of course it's personal; he doesn't like him. No work rate, low effort, constantly injured or can't be arsed playing, can't be relied on, is on mega money to boot.

Loads of managers have 'types' they like to work with; James and Benitez are an 'oil and water' combo.
Funny isn't it .... Loads of fans wanted Conte too. Conte would have had James out before he agreed to sign.

So we are to give Benitez credit because Gerrard recognised this a decade later. Hardly the actions of an effective communicator now, is it?

What you fail to understand is that professional footballers are in a bubble ...... The type of bubble that makes them think they can assault someone in a bar cos you don't get to pick the music.

I'm sure Gerrard looks back at a lot of things and realises that being surrounded by people who kiss your backside and tell you how great you are isn't ideal.

Somehow I think benitez was right not to tell the 25 year old Gerrard that deep down he thought he was amazing and his apparent frostiness was just his way of keeping him on his toes... It would have maybe made Gerrard think he was more untouchable than he thought.

Which is why Gerrard says it was smart of Rafael to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.