2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my fear for Benitez. He has made so many mistakes in the past, especially thinking that he was more important than James when at Madrid which resulted in him quickly being shown the door. Benitez might not be a world-class talent like James and sincerely I hope that he doesn't throw this opportunity away by making the same mistake again.
Do you not think that JR wants to get out at least as badly as RB wants him out.
The surprise for JR and his advisors was that they could not find a club in Europe to take him.
I remember James commenting that he had not yet played in Italy and that would be the next project.

I'm fine with that but the squad isn't cohesive right now. James is a different player in that spot behind the striker than Richarlison or Gray or Iwobi would be. And those players are different in key ways too. Richarlison is a far different winger than Townsend or Gray. Iwobi on the right changes from Townsend. Dom and Rondon is the only one that is sort of a like for like. So while I do agree in theory for us right now it's not very easy to rotate the squad and keep a continuity in what we're doing.

And yes teams do need to play slightly differently from time to time but there is a line where it goes from different to disjointed.
I totally get that but I see that as a positive (as in having different types of player). It means that you can keep the opposition guessing to an extent.

However, I agree about the cohesion and that's where coaching and good management comes into play, surely.

I could put up an argument against most of the points you've made but I haven't got the time.

I'll confine myself to your last paragraph. How on earth would bringing James into the team lead to a run of poor results?
Managers generally plan their team to play a certain way with players carrying out role specific instructions.
Having a player in unsuited to a particular role in the manager's chosen plan can be of detriment to the teams performance.
If something is detrimental to a teams performance then that could lead to a substandard overall performance.
A substandard overall performance can lead to a poor result.
Doing this numerous times can lead to a run of poor results.

How on Earth indeed.

Gerrard rings him for advice as Rangers manager, you are aware of that aren't you? He recognised benitez man management was very clever as he got the best from him.

I'm sure you know this. I'm sure when pennant is managing the dog and duck he will consider giving Rafael a call as to how best manage one of his players who has a tag round his ankle.
I see what you are saying there mate and I agree, it is a Kopite subversion, they want our waterfront ground! The way our club is run, if it doesn't happen that we make Everton great again, you know what's going to happen? We're going to build BMD and Kopites are going drive those cars right up into the car park. …And the car park will be filled with red cars with YNWA stickers, and the backroom staff will be ex reds, it's a great spot, well done. I can see where you are going with this, that under this threat James is our best hope outside of building a wall.

The ability to demand rest for "tiredness" after playing a fraction of the games that your lesser paid teammates play, giving it Hugh Hefner photos on a private jet whilst the team prepare for pivotal last game of season and managing not to alienate yourself from starry eyed fans who just wanna see you it at goodison is a different skill set indeed.
Spot on again mate. If you have carried a season-long injury you should only post pictures from the hospital, or treatment room. Even if you are convalescing you should stage pics on a ward with nurses. If you post on social media make sure you only play the sympathy card. James could clearly benefit from having your understanding. ?

I totally get that but I see that as a positive (as in having different types of player). It means that you can keep the opposition guessing to an extent.

However, I agree about the cohesion and that's where coaching and good management comes into play, surely.
Yes that's fair, but I do think there is still a point where there is too much of a difference from one to another and that the right management choice is not doing it.

Yes that's fair, but I do think there is still a point where there is too much of a difference from one to another and that the right management choice is not doing it.
Yep, just depends on the game situation IMO.

I've seen successive managers flap when chasing a game and think a 4-2-4 is the way to go and long ball.

If James is here until Jan and we're chasing a game then him coming on with half-an-hour to go is far better than what we've had.

Is it ideal? Not really. He needs to play and we can't afford £150-200k or whatever he's on to just be doing that role. But it's making the best of the situation and using a truly unique talent while he's here.

We get the first goal after a high collective pressure that leads to a corner. I think that is generally something new. We are good at pressure, cover and balance, and we can constantly adjust our pressure and keep about the same intensity and aggressiveness.

At the second goal, Southampton are in good balance, but we still manage to break them down. There is also something I think is new under RB. We have several (and opposite) movements in front of the player with the ball, and there is far more intensity in the movements.

But few matches have been played, and as I said, I have seen the matches as a supporter, but not analyzed them.

"We get the first goal after a high collective pressure that leads to a corner. I think that is generally something new. We are good at pressure, cover and balance, and we can constantly adjust our pressure and keep about the same intensity and aggressiveness." : as i said... everton now do a high presure, thats a new thing on DEFENSE. the goal came from a set piece,wich is a total diferent department on OFFENSE (same can be said about DEFENSIVE set pieces, different departments).

"At the second goal, Southampton are in good balance, but we still manage to break them down" : what? second goal comes from a header coming from yet ANOTHER SET PIECE.. whats that thing you call about southhampton being well balanced? .

everton relies on set pieces and fast breaks on OFFENSE , thats cool an totally viable, but you need a plan B. have you seen any 1-2 to bypass defenders or any passes tru the CBs for DCL to go hand to hand with the GK? (dont even count that 1 he got FROM A LOST BALL at Midfield wich is in by all means, once again Steal-fastbreak counter) . what would everton do if they sit back and set a double 4 line or even a 4/5 line to defend?

from what ive seen everton will trow a gazzillion frontal crosses, see the matches , count em up and determine how many of those were from lateral positions.... we need a plan B

"We get the first goal after a high collective pressure that leads to a corner. I think that is generally something new. We are good at pressure, cover and balance, and we can constantly adjust our pressure and keep about the same intensity and aggressiveness." : as i said... everton now do a high presure, thats a new thing on DEFENSE. the goal came from a set piece,wich is a total diferent department on OFFENSE (same can be said about DEFENSIVE set pieces, different departments).

"At the second goal, Southampton are in good balance, but we still manage to break them down" : what? second goal comes from a header coming from yet ANOTHER SET PIECE.. whats that thing you call about southhampton being well balanced? .

everton relies on set pieces and fast breaks on OFFENSE , thats cool an totally viable, but you need a plan B. have you seen any 1-2 to bypass defenders or any passes tru the CBs for DCL to go hand to hand with the GK? (dont even count that 1 he got FROM A LOST BALL at Midfield wich is in by all means, once again Steal-fastbreak counter) . what would everton do if they sit back and set a double 4 line or even a 4/5 line to defend?

from what ive seen everton will trow a gazzillion frontal crosses, see the matches , count em up and determine how many of those were from lateral positions.... we need a plan B
The second goal that AD scores, do you think comes from a corner? See from 7.26. Here, Southampton are in balance.

Yes, but at the time, Gerrard was not aware. He found him cold, as did Carragher. It is only with hindsight he has changed his mind. Clearly, Benitez is not good at clarifying his position.

If Gerrard was made aware then that would have defeated the objective wouldn't it?

Gerrard said Benitez indifference to him spurred him on...... Benitez knew what he was doing and Gerrard recognises this.

Spot on again mate. If you have carried a season-long injury you should only post pictures from the hospital, or treatment room. Even if you are convalescing you should stage pics on a ward with nurses. If you post on social media make sure you only play the sympathy card. James could clearly benefit from having your understanding. ?

Yeah it was a funny season long injury wasn't it...... Which one was it again. Tiredness? "James was a little bit tired" was Ancellottis words as to why he didn't play against Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.