2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems some lads here like to hammer James but can’t take It when someone hammers back and take it personal because that’s exactly what has happened with @R.Reddington as he decided to PM the message below but he seems to be too coward to post his sentiments in the open.

View attachment 138308

But since I’m such a pity of a woman and have no shame let me respond to you here. There is no need to feel sorry for my family, they are loved and cared for. So keep your concerns for your own family I don’t need your concerns for mine.
To be honest Sass I'm pretty shocked at that. It may have happened before but that's the first time on here I've seen a member insulted via PM and then have the confidence to expose them to the whole forum. Well done to you.

As regards the content itself, the poster just comes across as a misogynist bully. Just use the ignore function, it's what it's for.

The player will not be part of our plans from 2022 season onwards.

He is a contracted player for now, either he earns his place in the team or he sits it out.

I really don't care and frankly we have too many players who have not cared for far too many seasons before this manager.

Roll on 2022.

Pipe Sierra just tweeted that Everton have accepted no fee and the Turkish team paying half James' wages.

Apparently, it's James refusing to go there. Apologies if this is old news.
The question I'd be asking here is why on earth the club would allow him to leave AND pay half his wages when the squad is so bereft of attacking players and creativity.?

Believe me, many of you will be thinking the same thing when we get 2/3 injuries to that part of the squad and are having to play 18 year olds.

But if this information is true, it proves that from the players point of view that this isn't just a money thing. If it was then he'd just go to Turkey where he's guaranteed football if fit, and it's a much easier league where he'd get the time an space to perform his magic. For me it suggests that he does actually quite like it here, that he get's on well with the players and is prepared to fight for his place in the team.

If he really was a money grabbing stain on the club, like many in here are saying, he'd just go wouldn't he?

But he's here
And refusing to leave by all accounts even though we've apparently agreed to subsidise his wages in a league where he's guaranteed game time and will find time an space to wield his magic. So that to me indicates

1. He wants to stay here and fight for his place

2. He hates the club that much that he'd rather stay here and sit on his arse just to spite the fans and the rest of the squad.

Which makes more sense given that he needs to find a new club in 12 months and there's a world cup next year.?

How is there so much activity in a thread for a player who the manager probably won't pick lol

Just wait and see if he is involved over the next few weeks. He needs to get himself fit to even be available in the first place because he has played 0 minutes of football so far.
he trained for the weeks either side of the Brighton game. He can’t get match fit unless he plays and that’s up to the manager

Absolutely, Let's not forget... He called us a small club......... I don't care if he's gonna win us the treble, get him out.

I can handle Davie Moyes telling his own fans that 7th place is a great finish for a club like Everton and giving it penknives to gunfights at a field but an opposing manager calling us small-time for doing that ...... Beyond the pale that kid.

What we need is a manager who panders to superstars, cos if we ain't gonna win anything it's best to have a team of players who have won things at other clubs it's almost the same..... Yep they've lost their hunger and are here to pick up the ££££ but that's besides the point.
Spot on mate, let us keep alert to those interlopers who don't want Everton to be great or have great players ?

Give him a second chance
Everyone deserves a second chance
I'm not sure he needs a second chance to be honest. He hasn't done anything to warrant one in my opinion.

What he needs to do is get himself fit and make himself available for election, because he was way off the pace in pre season and has missed a lot of training due to covid restrictions.

Then it's down to Benitez to show he's a pragmatic manager and find a way to integrate him into the team and the system.

Tom Davies has already played for us this season as has Gomes , Delph and Iwobi
The manager refused a loan move from Fulham for Kenny.
Goodness knows what the situation is with Sigurdsson .
That leaves the injured Tosun so I am not sure what you are trying to say?
They are all crap.

And combined are a far bigger drain on the clubs resources.

So once James leave's we will be relying on them , does that make sense.

So what are you saying here? That he refuses to take part in squad activities or that the manager decides not to include him.?
Tbh I reckon it will be a bit of both. The conditioning levels that Benitez will require/want from the players, I don't think he will be able to meet them (he could) and I don't know if James will really put the work in to get to that level. Id love it if he did tbh as that would really annoy Benitez.

Do you realise that if he does stay it will probably cost the club around 10m and greatly impact on our transfer activity in January and next summer.

I don't have a problem with him, but as he clearly is not in the managers plans I want him gone.
Well that depends on which version of his salary you believe doesn't it.? Plus, even if he goes we're going to have to subsidise at least half of his wages so it's still going to cost the club as much as £5m anyway. And he can't be replaced until January at the earliest so we are then left with just 6 senior players to cover 4 attacking positions.

Tbh I reckon it will be a bit of both. The conditioning levels that Benitez will require/want from the players, I don't think he will be able to meet them (he could) and I don't know if James will really put the work in to get to that level. Id love it if he did tbh as that would really annoy Benitez.
I don't think he will ever have the conditioning levels that Benitez wants to play his A game, and will therefore not be a regular starter. I think the majority accept that and, tbh, I think that's fair enough. As much as I love him the player is not reliable enough injury wise to style our play around.

But there are going to be many times this season that the managers A game isn't working and that's when you need the type of quality that James brings. James needs to be fit enough to deliver on those occasions, which is completely different to being fit enough to do what Townsend does for instance. He needs to get himself to that level, which is basically where he was at the start of last season.

Take James out of the scenario and we are left with a very slim squad from an attacking perspective. I'm not sure that Benitez can afford to leave him out of the equation even if he wanted to. Even at Real Madrid where he probably had double the attacking options, he still used him occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.