2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies is an ideal squad man particularly now 9 subs can be named. I would rather he came on to see games out than Delph as he offers more and you don't have to worry about his hamstrings popping at any time. He's probably not good enough to ever be a regular starter but City, Chelsea and maybe Unuted apart who else can field 2 teams of first team capable players. If we get one more first team ready CM in to replace Delph I'm happy with Davies 5th and Gomes 6th choice.

I think a lot his crap performance was down to Keane being woefully out of position in the middle of the Back 3

Surprised at the comments in here. Personally thought he had a pretty good performance and one of the strongest in a while. Actually ran forward with the ball a couple times and passed it forward. Benitez' success will be determined whether he can improve the group of players largely considered "not good enough."

Surprised at the comments in here. Personally thought he had a pretty good performance and one of the strongest in a while. Actually ran forward with the ball a couple times and passed it forward. Benitez' success will be determined whether he can improve the group of players largely considered "not good enough."
Benitez picked him out for praise.

The big difference I am seeing from the whole squad is a willingness to go forward quickly, either with rapid passes or running with the ba

This pretty much sums up where we are at with this player.
Pleased because managed to run forward a couple of times and pass it forward.
My 15 month old Cockapoo could do that with a tennis ball.

I want him to do well. Great run and assist. Got himslef about few tackles but loses the ball 50% of the time. That's always been the way with him.

I’m optimistic he can, I think he’s going to be tactically more astute then our previous managers and will make them play to a plan more. The likes of Davies should benefit from this given the numerous positions he’s been played in and probable lack of coaching. It won’t make him into a world beater but I think you’ll get much more consistent performances out of him

I’m optimistic he can, I think he’s going to be tactically more astute then our previous managers and will make them play to a plan more. The likes of Davies should benefit from this given the numerous positions he’s been played in and probable lack of coaching. It won’t make him into a world beater but I think you’ll get much more consistent performances out of him
But he just isn’t very good.
If you want the bare minimum from your central midfielders, then Tom’s your man.

The leeway he gets off some fans due being absolutely average is astonishing.

But he just isn’t very good.
If you want the bare minimum from your central midfielders, then Tom’s your man.

The leeway he gets off some fans due being absolutely average is astonishing.
I thought he was alright under Carlo. Not starting choice but a decent back up

….thought he was fine at Huddersfield, so not the best message when the new Manager hooked him, I can only think he wasn’t playing to orders, their little striker was dropping into pockets behind him & causing a few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.